tryall 47mm rim on a zebdi?

Discussion in 'Observed Trials Discussion' started by airmj, Jul 21, 2004.

1. airmj

airmj Guest

hey is it possible to fit a tryall rear rim, the 47mm one on a zebdi mk5?

i'm running SD7s. If it can fit, what tires should i run in the rear? anyone have a similiar setup? :D

2. seandom

seandom New Member

its gonna depend on what pad you run, i believe. i dont think plazmatics will work. maybe salmon pads tho.

3. B1105

B1105 New Member

It would be a very big stretch with V's, I am running SD Tis with plazmatics and a DX32 (39mm) and its pretty tight already.

4. airmj

airmj Guest

mmm, i'm still running the stock rim wrangler 2 pads. not as thick as those plazmatics.

hey tobbster i pm'ed u about your other post :)

5. Darren

Darren New Member

anyone kno if the rim will fit on an echo team frame?

6. RomanR

RomanR DualDisc 26"

It should easily, I'm sure there are lots of Team riders with that rim. Here's a picture of a Team with the XXL rim:

[​IMG]

If you want to make sure, take your rear wheel off, loosen your brake clamp bolts, push the cylinders as far out as you can, and measure the distance between the pads. Should be 50mm. If it's more, then you're set. This is a bit cumbersome since you have to redo your brake setup, but it will let you know for sure if it will fit or not.

7. Elan

Elan steve french

um, yes it will fint. the echo team/pure has the same exact rear triangle as the koxx levelboss, which was designed with that wheel.

8. Darren

Darren New Member

9. oicdn

oicdn Guest

Hmm...I've been wanting to get a wide rim for my Megamo...cause when the TPS is all the way out, and pads are centered, and rim is dished correctly....there STILL seems to be alot of lever/pad movement before the pads reach the rim.... Maybe the megamo triangle is pretty wide and it's the reason for all the travel? Hopefully it'll work, but it's be pretty shitty to spend $60 on a rim, and find it won't fit, LOL.