try all shoes

Discussion in 'Observed Trials Discussion' started by mr onza, Oct 16, 2004.

1. mr onza

mr onza Guest

hey guys

i got some try-all shoes about 2 months ago and im starting to see a bit of wear in the middle and i was wondering just how long they will last on onza vp pedals.

thanks alot.

alex

Last edited: Oct 16, 2004
  2. felix

felix New Member

My Try All shoes start to fall apart after 7 month.
    Some pins of the pedal got through the sole and the right shoe got a huge hole in it, because I rub my ankle on the crank all the time.
    The grooves of the sole are almost worn out.

3. mr onza

mr onza Guest

so mine arnte even gunna last 7 months then with vps.darn i love these shoes

4. netto

netto New Member

actually i think they last longer with vp double cages?

5. Mr. Pure

Mr. Pure Guest

My TryAlls have riden 2-3 months by now (I'm using TryAll double cage), and there are exactly so many holes on shoe, than the pedal has - many of them are cutting trough already...

Think that if you ride with platvorm pedals, shoes will last longer...VP's really eat your shoes off...

Also, it all depends, how heavy you are (I'm 72kg)...

If you are not so heavy, I think that shoes will last times longer...this bit of wear in the middle is not a problem at all! If it cuts trough the sole, then it becomes a real problem...

Last edited: Oct 16, 2004
  6. mr onza

mr onza Guest

im only nearly 8 stone not sure what that is in kg .
    i can swap them for some platforms with a mate but i dont know if it will make a differnce think i may have to try it out cheers
    guys

alex

7. mr onza

mr onza Guest

i put the platforms pedals on and they where shite they had no grip whatso ever looks like im using vps now .ill probs just have to wear them less then.thanks for your help.
    alex

8. 1234Austin

1234Austin Guest

Buy Ribo, better soles

9. Blackstick

Blackstick Well-Known Member

My monty shoes have lasted me over a year with barely any sign of damage. They look gay, but so does what I wear and how I ride and what i ride.

10. mr onza

mr onza Guest

ok but is it worth putting platforms on or should i just stick with vps and get montys when these eventually die(probs crimbo time.lol)thanks

alex

11. RomanR

RomanR DualDisc 26"

If you're going for the monty shoes, I'd get the VP pedals. They're really cheap, so they'll do, and seem to be kinder on the monty shoes? Some real platform pedals with pins might eat the soles quicker.

And it's Christmas, not crimbo... :hsugh:

12. netto

netto New Member

any other options besides these trials specific shoes?

13. RomanR

RomanR DualDisc 26"

I just use whatever cheap skate shoe I find at sport chek. The one thing I look for is a decent sole pattern, and that it doesn't take a whole lot of force to make the sole flex. The people there probaly look at me weird because as soon as I grab a shoe I flip it and look at the sole, and try to bend it. I can't bring myself to spend the $150 that a pair of tryall shoes cost. Sure they'd be nice, but a random skate shoe does fine. I'll probably spring the $40 next time I buy shoes, and get the reebok version of the nike cortez or something, which won't be till like spring. The shoes I have now are fine.

14. mr onza

mr onza Guest

ok but i have these shoes now and im using them .
    sorry bout the crimbo ill make sure it christmas next time.
    i wont bother any more
    thanks