Try-All pedals

Discussion in 'Observed Trials Discussion' started by RomanC, Mar 8, 2004.

1. RomanC

RomanC Well-Known Member

2. AndyT

AndyT New Member

I suggest you take a peek at all try-all / koxx parts :)

(its a universal trend)

3. Andreas

Andreas All About Trials

yea my friend ordered some VP pedals about 1 day after i did. i got a pair of vps, he got a pair of Koxx pedals (because they were out of VP's). Upon closer inspection (actually it's obvious) we were able to infer that they are literally the VP pedal with a koxx stamp on them. not even a different bolt found, exactly the same. if your a koxx fanatic :greddy2: (pun intended)then go for it i geuss

4. hydroboy

hydroboy "Jak se mas"

rumor has it there are two different types of VP's. Some with 6 series allu and some with another. I have no idea. The cheapest place in aus to get VP's is through the echo dealer.

5. AndyT

AndyT New Member

7 series hydro, they are more expensive...not worth it.

6. Elan

Elan steve french

pedals...haha, i think my try-all stem is a rebranded ritchey... but i do like my bars.

7. stocktrials

stocktrials Mitch.

I think the silver pedals you see around are 7075 ones and the black ones are 6061 al. Retail here for black is somewhere between $25-40, silver ones I have seen retail (from biketrialsaustralia.com and Monty) for $60-75!!!

BUT- I have seen silver VPs at a bike shop, BMX 1/2" thread though.. $20! In this case all the smart minded one needs to do is change the cages onto an old 9/16" spindle. Easy

Not sure which ones the coloured Try-all/Megamo etc pedals are though 6061/7075??? (6061 I'm guessing, just coloured)

8. Faction Bike

Faction Bike Guest

Oh no, the news has broke.... :) The pedals are the 6061 VP's rebagded however they do come in various color options. I guess this is Koxx's justification for the price difference.

9. AndyT

AndyT New Member

Gold VP's are definetely worth the extra $$$$$$$$

10. Elan

Elan steve french

anything gold is worth its weight in bean burritos

11. Andreas

Andreas All About Trials

Definately a common trend with koxx/try all. just recently i bought some Koxx grips, only to find they were basically Monty grips. not even a try all ogo on them... :ugh2: Oh well, they're still awesome :bigthumb:

12. Coramoor

Coramoor New Member

Not only is there no difference. The VP logo is stamped into the outer cage. Kind of a dead give away. In norway they cost the same. About 36 USD(250 NOK).

Edit: And since I got silver ones and the Koxx logos has worn away. I have nothing to show for it! :rofl:

13. oicdn

oicdn Guest

GAT DAMN.....talk about a shit currency ratio...

14. Faction Bike

Faction Bike Guest

grip like a mofo....and they're pretty inexpensive for grips

Just a side note.......there are something like 4 major factories that make all overseas mountain bike stuff.....if you look hard enough, you'll find the similarities between a lot of stuff. Not just this guy :joshers: and stay puff.

15. Andreas

Andreas All About Trials

yea, the try all grips so far are going great. they don't move really (about 1 cm after 1/2 hour of riding, nothing noticable other than the little lines don't match up but who cares). they do have awesome grip and let you feel what your resting on, but they aren't super soft either, so you're going to want gloves. and yes, they are cheap at $9