Try-All gloves vs. Mechanix

Discussion in 'Observed Trials Discussion' started by hophopsnap, Aug 27, 2004.

1. hophopsnap

hophopsnap Well-Known Member

Has anyone ridden both of these gloves? Which do you prefer and why? I need some new gloves soon and am open to opinions!!

Thanks.

2. DanBowhers

DanBowhers I farted.

If you want (and for some reason or another cant find) Mechanix the 661 Raji is the exact same glove with 661 printed on it. Looks cooler in my opinion, cause I liked the number 6.

3. AndyT

AndyT New Member

don't touch the try-all ones.

4. BenR

BenR Active Member

I wouldn't buy gloves until you tried them on, just get some Mtb ones form your bike shop.

5. Elan

Elan steve french

yea, go and try a few pairs on at a shop, and get the ones that are the most comfy. most people like thin gloves for trials.

try-alls arent too good for some reason. i donno? i woulodnt touch a mechanix glove iether, they are way too thick imo. i use a scary-fast spyder glove. it has a thick 'mesh' on the back, and one thin layer of leather on the palm/fingers.

6. Blackstick

Blackstick Well-Known Member

Try-all gloves cost $25,000 in Oz. That sucks, so maybe something else here.

7. Tanner

Tanner New Member

Mechanix = teh win. Best damn gloves ever.

8. Ed Gildea

Ed Gildea New Member

mechanix are good and thin. elan is a bum

9. Elan

Elan steve french

too thick for me guys!!!!

10. leno

leno Guest

don't go for the raji's.. they are too thin, and doesn't last long :/ had them only a couple of weeks, and there's already some holes on the fingertips:p

11. icecreamsammy

icecreamsammy New Member

Another glove to avoid would be race face, i got them 2 weeks ago because i couldnt get my normal gloves and my thumb already sticks out of the tip, as does 2 other fingers and i havent even stacked or anything, just bad quality materials used.
    Sam

12. hydroboy

hydroboy "Jak se mas"

Here are the gloves i use. No joke. Infront of topic for extra proofness. I have no plans of getting new ones.

[​IMG]

13. sharpe

sharpe Guest

what? where is the glove? all i can see is a piece of crap on someone's hand in front of a computer screen.
    no gloves seem to last very long these days and most people down my way hate the try all gloves, could also be the fact that they cost $20 more than fox gloves or any other brand out there.

14. DanBowhers

DanBowhers I farted.

I dont use gloves...unless its really cold...

15. mikeschiavone

mikeschiavone Active Member

but dan, you're gangsta like that

16. hophopsnap

hophopsnap Well-Known Member

wow, yours are alot worse then mine.

Are the Mechanix breathable? Because I dont want gloves that are super thick and are like winter gloves.

17. Andreas

Andreas All About Trials

im not sure what people are talking about the mechanix being to thick...

i love mine, and will definately get a new pair when they come out. they grip well, protect my hands, are tough, and are breathable. definately worth it.

18. tomacropod

tomacropod Rum Pig

when I need new gloves, I just go to the bike shop and get whatever's cheap, has full fingers, hasn't got too much armour on the back of the glove, and has that little towelled snot patch on the back of the thumb. If the bike shop has nothing, or is too expensive, move on to the motorbike store and goto top.

- Joel

19. oicdn

oicdn Guest

Anybody try raquetball)sp?) gloves? I went to Sports Authority and saw they had some. They have like those little rubber grip things all over the palm, and the top is made with like super cool/thin spandex. Prolly shit for protection, but they might last awhile if you never eat it, seeing as how raquets(sp?) have alot of twisting forces, etc...