Try All front rim ERD?

Discussion in 'Observed Trials Discussion' started by BrettM, Jun 22, 2004.

1. BrettM

BrettM New Member

Need some help finding at least the ERD for the 39 or whatever mm wide 32 hole front Try All rim.

If possible if anyone knows the spoke length for this rim laced to a 32 hole King Iso hub that would be even better.

Thanks.

2. Justin.L

Justin.L Guest

i dont think youll be wanting to run that rim brett. especially for your front wheel moves. you shud go for a rear tryall for the front.

3. WhiteRavenKS

WhiteRavenKS Well-Known Member

no, run the rim, im loving mine so far. its good stuff. erd is 334ish mm. no idea on spokes though, dt site is not being very cool at all right now to me.

4. bigd

bigd Guest

yeah sorry about the missing spoke lengths brett, the new board defaulted to no email notifications of PM's. i just saw it last night. i about 100% positive i have the ERD at the shop, i'll try to stop by tomorrow evening and i'll post it for you.

5. BrettM

BrettM New Member

I have two bikes now Justin. Besides, what front wheel moves am I doing that are gonna really wreck this? I do the odd G turn, which is surprisingly fun on the Koxx. Backwards nose wheelies aren't tho. Weird.

Is that a typo Kevin. That seems small even for a 19 inch rim? I thought stock rims should be mid to high 500 mm range?

6. Elan

Elan steve french

maybe he meant 534

7. WhiteRavenKS

yeah sorry, 534.... that would have given you some jacked up lengths eh?

8. bigd

bigd Guest

if the erd is actually 534 the measurements are below. i have the rear 26", and the front 20" erd's ..

and i don't know if you meant the front or rear, so here's both-

FF king ISO w/ tryall front rim 32h 3x-
    L- 256.8
    R- 257.6

RR king ISO w/ tryall front rim 32h 3x
    L- 258.1
    R- 256.6

9. BrettM

BrettM New Member

Would you guess that erd is small BigD? I don't recall seeing a rim with that small of an erd. A DX32 is 559 if I believe. Looks like I get to measure this rim.

10. bigd

bigd Guest

yeah it seems a little small.. especially knowing it doesn't have a tall profile. if you're not sure how, measure the width of the inside edge of the rim to opposing eyelettes, then add the thickness of the inner walls, plus the thickness of the nail head of the nipple(double both of those measurements. thats your exact ERD. i sometimes drop a mm or two off that measurement or round down when i measure it myself just to make sure they don't get too long. its measured to the end of the nipple, where the spoke's end should be. i'll be working at the shop tomorrow and friday so i'll have replies quickly.

11. WhiteRavenKS

its a hair smaller because of the single wall aspect. sort of. i measured mine to be 534 and my spoke lengths came out fine.