try-all cranks

Discussion in 'Observed Trials Discussion' started by djfm, Jun 17, 2004.

1. djfm

djfm Guest

im wanting some try-all cranks i have an isis bottom bracket and a rear freewheel .As far as i know the cranks are only for front freewheel does anybody know different? or if its possible to put on my bike as they are?
    thanks

2. username

username Guest

Fixed Cog on the cranks.
    You're welcome!

3. hophopsnap

hophopsnap Well-Known Member

I have the echo FFW cranks, I just use a 18t cog. It works good. Im only thinkin in the future, should I go W.I. freewheel or CK hub. hmmm

4. piss off

piss off Guest

i want to buy try all cranks too, but my opinion...can i mount a acs,or must i buy a metalhusk, to use a freewhell on the crank?! and how good is the processing, i mean are they strong enough, not so fucking gay like the echo cranks...

5. Bloodhound

Bloodhound Steffen L.T.

In my expirience, if you can get the FW on, if you can get them on the BB, and if you can get the pedals in nicely, they are very nice and suprisingly durable cranks. I've hit the bash many HARD times and its still going strong.

6. antidis

antidis Guest

so how do you get the freewheel on? just wrench it down?

7. Little Android Man

Little Android Man Free Cup!

the same as on any other crank id expect? spin it down then put it oon the bike and press on the pedal slowly until its tightened all the way

8. Ed Gildea

Ed Gildea New Member

yep simple just use lots of greese.

and you can put any stander sized freehwhell on any ffw cranks.

9. Zyzzyx

Zyzzyx Guest

Just be damn sure you've got the threads engaged properly before really wrenching on it. Putting the White Industries FW on my Try-All cranks was a bit of a challenge. As suggested, plenty of grease. Or, as I used, some good copper-based anti-seize compound.

10. Ed Gildea

Ed Gildea New Member

Or as i used, Both!

11. Elan

Elan steve french

does anybody use a ffw crank with a free-hub on back? i am thinking of getrtting some try-all;s .. what is the recommended ratio? right now i have 20/18 ... 18/20? haha yea right

12. Rob.K

Rob.K Guest

I was a 20-18 and I went to an 18-16, which felt great. 17 and 15 are just bad , give 16 in the back a try it should feal good.

The bash on the tryalls is the coolest and the cranks are awesome you'll like em, except fitting VP's on there is not really a possiblity unless you own a grinder then it's fine....:bigthumb:

13. Bloodhound

Bloodhound Steffen L.T.

18-17 is the shit

No, you gotta take some sand paper, wrap it around the threads and really give em heck for a short while. THEN wrench the FW on slowly. If you cautious like me it should take a couple hours, literally. THATS JUST MY EXPIRIENCE. I cant speak for any other try-all cranks.

The bash is AWESOME. Really strong and cool looking. About the VP problem... there is no problem. Just tighten the pedal to a bench and take a regular cheep hand file to it - takes about 3 min each side of a pedal.

14. Faction Bike

Faction Bike Guest

.....soon there will be some new Tryall ISIS cranks.....very soon.......

15. Elan

Elan steve french

lets us know when they arrive grizam

16. Zyzzyx

Zyzzyx Guest

17. pav

pav New Member

ooh graham please shed some light on these new try all cranks
    is it a new shipment or new cranks altogehter??
    please let out some information

pav

18. bwagner

bwagner New Member

pedal fit?

Why are there posts about pedals not fitting? What's the problem? Is there interferance between the cages and the arms? Thats the onlt thing I can figure out from these posts. Arethe arms just so darn fat that the end of the cages hits them? I'm just curious.

19. piss off

piss off Guest

now i have read that try all isis have 165,170,175mm cranks...can i use the 165 mm crank for my mod or is it better to use the monty 158mm isis because the length???where are the advantiges and disadvantages for longer cranks on a mod????

20. digby

digby New Member

the longer the crank, the more leverage, the more leverage the more power you can get out of your moves. Shorter cranks will spin faster though.

For the pedals hitting the crank. Tryall cranks have this bulge that goes down the length of the crank. The vp cages go most of the way down to where the pedal threads into the crank. cuz of this, you have to shave off a bit from the end of each cage so that it will clear the crank.