Try-All bar+stem combo vs. Echo bar+stem combo?

Discussion in 'Observed Trials Discussion' started by Ninja, Nov 13, 2004.

1. Ninja

Ninja New Member

I'm getting myself new bar and stem and I'm thinking between these two. Currently I'm leaning towards the Try-All combo(with 105x15 stem). What do you recommend? I can't try them on anyone's bike since these will be the first in the country. I'm 6 feet tall and I ride Magellan Tucana(same geo as Pure '04, 1070wb, 385 chainstays, 0 bb drop). I ride urban trials(no street) since there's no natural near me. Which bars are stronger?

2. snakebite

snakebite Guest

i would have to say the echo, its bulged bar (31.8mm), and the try-all are just normal 25.4mm bars. to tell you the truth, i like the bulged zoo bars more, that both the tray-all, and the echo, they feel more natural to me

3. Ninja

Ninja New Member

C'mon guys, give some advice on the subject and you can include zoo in the choice too.

4. OTAdmin

OTAdmin Administrator Staff Member

Ninja, I'd guess that the Echo bars are considerably stronger than the try-alls, but I can't say for sure.

5. AndyT

AndyT New Member

yeah they are def stronger....imo the try-alls are better feel- I've used both for many months (and gone back and fourth).

Try-alls all the way, you will break them if you ride really hard and are a big guy (will take 4-8 months though)... Plus you have a plethora of stem options for a normal sized one.

6. Boo_Berry

Boo_Berry Guest

as far as bulge bars go, zoo and echo probably make the toughest. planet x and try-all arn't too too bad, but the try-all are more towards a riser than a bulge, but then again i've ridden on risers and serve me the best... plus i ride a lot of urban too, risers seem more comfy than bulge. in the end it works out to be the same.

7. oicdn

oicdn Guest

I'm riding some DH bars from tzimon.....still waiting on the Try-Alls from him....the ones I have now work though...nice and stiff....

What's the difference (in feel) between riding a flat bar with a high stem, and a riser bar with a low rise stem?

8. Elan

Elan steve french

its all personal preference. benito rides monty bars still, and niggas like vincent invent the try-alls. i suggest the try-alls myself because they are awesomer for a number of reasons, which im sure you dont want to hear about.

get whatever you think looks the best, chances are youll get used to whatever you choose and it wont make a difference.