Truvativ Hussefelt Trials Cranks?

Discussion in 'Observed Trials Discussion' started by Ninja, Apr 14, 2004.

1. Ninja

Ninja New Member

Are they any good?

2. Elan

Elan steve french

they work...definately not the pinnacle of trials cranks, but meh, you bash them up anyways and they will work

3. WhiteRavenKS

WhiteRavenKS Well-Known Member

they are much better now than they were in the past. they are hefty for sure but they get the job done. the new ones with the steel pedal inserts hold up much better than old ones. they are a decent, affordable trials crank. truvativ is generally pretty good about standing behind their stuff too.

4. Paul

Paul Guest

I have these cranks and they`re now 1 year old,I don`t have anything bad to say about them.Get some (y)

5. Coramoor

Coramoor New Member

I have them but not the trials version(I'm assuming the difference is the bashring spider thing). And they have held up very nicely. But the steel pedal thread inserts have rusted so I can't get my pedals off.. :(
    But I live in norway and it rains all the time here. So...

6. MontyBurns

MontyBurns Guest

I have them too, and they work just fine. Make sure you have the bashring ones.

7. nidoss

nidoss Guest

ya ive got them too. Im pretty happy with them, except that i stripped all the threading out of my driveside crank. I hear that they made some changes to the newer ones that make them stronger. good cranks in my opinion

8. AgrAde

AgrAde From your head to your fists

i bashed the shit out of mine for years, and the two owners of them before me bashed the shit out of them even more than i did, they are fine apart from loads of scratches. they are still sitting in the garage on my old frame, i don't want to part with them.

good cranks if you can find a good deal on them. even without the steel inserts the thread-stripping problem is overrated. if you're careful it doesn't happen.

the alloy is pretty soft, if you want to keep your cranks pretty then these aren't the best.