Observed Trials banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've noticed there are a lot of trolls on this forum. So lets start a troll-free thread!

This thread is only for legitimate trials discussion please, trolls can go somewhere else. Lets hear your questions and thoughts on the things that are important to our sport.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
A non-troll thread started by a troll. This aught to go over like a lead zeppelin.
Hey man could you please keep your non-trials talk contained to other threads? There is a lot of people who would like to talk trials without your negative comments.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I guess I should have clarified that there are two types of rim brake we consider viable. Vees, and Maggies.

Why do you prefer vee brakes out of the three?

·
Registered
687 Posts
V brakes are scientifically proven to be the strongest brakes in the universe. Period. Most people just set them up like a warm turd unfortunately. And you do have to grind rotors just FYI. :rofl:

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
I've got to agree with the V brakes. inexpensive, easy (no bleeding), and parts are available at almost every LBS. power- my personal back to back test V brake vs 2015 maguras using the tnn LG(M/V) green pads (amazing pads, require a grind, I freshen it up regularly) it was better bite and less noise using the V brake (cheap ass avid sd7 levers and calipers + decent jaguar cabe+housing).
BUT the maguras (hs33) have a much superior feel- short(er) lever stroke + less squishy mushy at the end (although I think it is this squish that helps provide the awesome performance of the V's). The new model maguras are crazy light too- less weight for the whole system than many disc brake rotors. I recommend you make sure to get the 4 finger blade- it isn't much longer but that extra bit of leverage is crucial.
sorry I'm not disc brake savvy... got some on my trail bikes...
I'm currently using 2015 Magura HS33s with 4 finger blade + Racing Line alloy piston and Clean (heavier pull) piston spring, magura royal blood, with the tnn ADM (black) pads in aluminum backers.

·
Premium Member
446 Posts
Anyone looking for low pressure 20 inch tires should check out the Bell 20inch brand infused with slime. Picked up on Amazon. Low pressure means the tires r able to cover more surface areas. I'm able to bounce more on the back tire too.

With comp season coming up anybody got any race tips for this season?

Reactions: tda

·
Registered
687 Posts
With comp season coming up anybody got any race tips for this season?
Do you mean trials comps or XC, downhill type racing? I got no trials advice, but for XC or downhill - practice looking as far down the trail ahead of you as you can. It takes practice as your eyes will drift back towards your front tire, but train your eyes to look as far ahead as possible and it will increase your speeds noticeably. Good luck.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Not cool bro. If we cant respect each other on the forum and give legit advice to the new wave of riders, how will our sport continue to thrive and grow?
I mean, I would say that you do in fact have to grind certain rotors past a certain point in their lifespan. Particularly Shimano, being that they are smooth and don't have a ton of holes in them, so they tend to slip. I've gotten good results with a fine rotor grind. And while we're on the subject, Magura rim brakes have by far the most stopping potential. Is that even in debate?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hey trials brothers. Im ready to be flamed i dont care. Its Christmas eve and ive literally lost everything that matters to me. I still roll around the getto high as fuck on a cheap unicycle. The only thing that makes unicycle good training, is how much fun a front wheel is. I hate it. But i lost everything to the custody battle and the subsequent drug addiction to cope with have my son taken and put back into an abusive situation. My son was four last time i saw him. His eye was swollen shut and bruises all over his body. How the courts put him 100% in her custody i have no idea and never will. It changed me losing him. It ruined me.

CWTRIALS WAS THE ONLY LOCAL RIDER.

I finally got him to ride with me. Once. If he remembers, i broke chain towards the end. I kept rolling up stuff trying with no chain. And making it. Did that not show heart to you? He never really spoke to me again after that day. All about jesus. I seriously question god with my past. I needed a mentor, a friend. Never asked for anything free. Never. Just wanted to ride. Then my koxx got stolen. CW- you spread word of jesus with trials. Its all bullshit. You turned your back on someone who needed a trials brother. That day i broke my chain, seriously, you didnt have a spare old one to offer? I grew up atheist. Wasnt a choice.
Ill never forget you Craig.

It was believe jesus or dont call me. I was amazed by your skill and told you how awesome you rode. I hope you read this Craig. Im sorry my beliefs and backrounds didnt match. It still hurts how you turned your back on me. I poured my heart out to you. Just remember, ive spent over 100 hrs in section in mototrials. I didnt start at expert, lose, and give up. I worked hard and on natural trials terrain, in mud, snow, against arch rivals who rooted for me. You , without pogo sections, id match you if not win everytime. In rain and mud, everytime. Dab once is not a five. I can actually ride off cambers with the front wheel on the ground. Continue your show off your jesus shows, do what makes you happy. Wish you the best honestly. But I needed a friend back then. If thats christianity, you single handedly showed me how backwards that religion is. I broke my leg so bad it almost got amputated in oct 2010 at a mototrials competition in meridian ct. I won my first event back April 2011. I could barely walk. I AM trials. I bleed it. Im coming back soon. Ill probably stick to moto though. Those guys care about eachother. Lots here do to. Natty is a great guy. CW ruined it for me though for the local brotherhood part. That dudes a primadonna who cant take not being the best. Get a pogo stick jesus. You suck.

Merry Christmas
i hate myself and want to die.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Wishing you the best. I really hope that your last line was typed in frustration, and is not really how you feel. Sorry to hear about your son, and everything that has happened since then. There are folks out there who care. And not matter what, you need another avenue for your thoughts and energies. Maybe trials or moto trials can be that for you. Take care, and good luck. Hope your holidays get better.

p.s. If you need a few parts or something, let me know. I have a lot of old mtn bike stuff, mostly, and some old road bike stuff. My trials bike is an old Tank, with mostly 26" mountain bike parts other than the stem and frame. So a lot of my stuff crosses over. If you have a modern bike, I can probably not be of much help.

·
Registered
22 Posts
thanks bro. Means alot.

Yeah. This is how i really feel.

Pogo riders cant ride downhill, sidehill, mud, crushed rocks, and give up with one dab. Cleans dont win comps. 3’s do.

YOU are trials my unknown friend. We dont use seats we got to stick together.

When i was in a heated back and forth year end points battle with my arch nemesis in moto trials, we would ride together and were great friends. He gave me a $350 pair of garne trials boots brand new for free. He liked alpine stars better. Joe B. If you read this, i miss you brother.
The brothership i found in mototrials is completely lost in the Northeast bicycle trials scene. Im moving to San Antonio next week. Hopefully the mormons except my agnostic beliefs...

1 - 20 of 26 Posts