Trials Shoes

Discussion in 'Observed Trials Discussion' started by Nurseill454, Nov 18, 2004.

1. Nurseill454

Nurseill454 Guest

Does anybody have any suggestions for the best shoes to use for trials? Right now I use DVS skate shoes...any ideas for some better grip?
    ~Michael

2. Ebon Dragon

Ebon Dragon New Member

Skate shoes with waffle type pattern in a soft rubber compound.

3. Boo_Berry

Boo_Berry Guest

skate shoes that don't have too much of a still sole -- etnies valley r pretty good. or any shoe with a wavy pattern -- NOT NIKE! for whatever reason they always slip.

4. Blackstick

Blackstick Well-Known Member

The best shoes ever are the OTN "search function" shoes, they stick like shit to a blanket!

5. hydroboy

hydroboy "Jak se mas"

or just scroll down to the bottom of a page after you make a new topic. :rofl: Scroll down, right down, keep going....

6. bmorekirby

bmorekirby I have bloody shins, yay?

old school pumas. sticky sole, thin waffle pattern sole, and flex like crazy after being broken in. i love them. for street i use dc manteca. only 2 pairs of shoes i will wear.

7. daveanscombe

daveanscombe Guest

the best shoes

i cant belive no 1 has said monty or try all trials shoes the have the best grip ever i have a pair of each ........dont like to admit it but monty are a tiny bit better

8. Boo_Berry

Boo_Berry Guest

its not that monty or tryall shoes aren't good, its just that they're single purpose... you can't really wear them anywhere except while riding and u look like a goof when you're not riding. the soles arent'y realli meant for anything BUT riding so they don't realli last very long, not liek skate shoes or pumas even

9. AgrAde

AgrAde From your head to your fists

just get a knife and make a hole where your pins hit your shoe. bam, like clipless but you can step out.

my blunt as fuck, old VPs have the best grip ever out of any pedal i have ever used but they're like greased poop to anyone else.

10. Janson

Janson Guest

Monty Pixie boots or Etnies Vallely.

11. danwk

danwk Guest

Vans skate high are excellent shoes for trials, they stick onto your pedals like leeches! But the sides tear easily. Im using the 661 dually now on vp pedals and they work quite well but better on platforms.

12. AndyT

AndyT New Member

All the top pros use New Balance cross country shoes.