Observed Trials banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering what you all thought about trials specific shoes, such as tryall or monty, as apposed to just some regular flat soled skate shoes or something. I was thinking about buy some tryall shoes but wasnt sure if it would be worth it.

thanks

·
Premium Member
6,516 Posts
unfortunately this is a such a matter of personal preference that the only way you will know if it is worth it is by buying a pair and trying them out. i dig my skate shoes a lot but i can certainly see why people would want to run some dedicated trials shoes.

the try-alls are a good choice. i hated mine but thats not to say you wont find them to be the best thing ever.

·
Original power yuppie
628 Posts
WhiteRavenKS said:
unfortunately this is a such a matter of personal preference that the only way you will know if it is worth it is by buying a pair and trying them out. i dig my skate shoes a lot but i can certainly see why people would want to run some dedicated trials shoes.

the try-alls are a good choice. i hated mine but thats not to say you wont find them to be the best thing ever.
So what are the differences in Trials shoes vs. regular? Skate vs. regular? Stickier compounds? Stiffer sole?

I'm running some gay-ass Merrils that don't have shoe laces. The stick very well. They're not very stiff, so my foot gets tired quick. Sticky though.

·
steve french
9,748 Posts
i am using me try-all shoes today. they look awesome..wait..they just look 10X better than monty shoes. all of them are really ugly, yea

·
Central Scrrrrrrrutinizer
989 Posts
I use some approach shoes from Kayland. They fit great, have intense grip (sticky rubber), look like ass, cost too much and wear out too quickly. I think I paid about $140 for them from the local climbing gym. They do have the perfect amount of flex and stick for me. I'm either going to re-sole them with some rubber from 5.10 or I'm going to pro-deal a pair or two of Montrail's new approach shoe.

·
Registered
209 Posts
i think vans are the way to go, as for ankle protection ive seen bmxers using some wierdo ankle coursettes that go around the whole ankle. im assuming some of these dudes have had major damage however and i think using one of these my make your ankles weaker anyway...
i roll my ankles like a bastard! anybody know any exercises for this?
vans rowley xlt....double waffle soles, sticky,ive been using these for so long (second pair down, thirds on the way) that the anodizing on my pedals has a worn waffle pattern!
Monty and Cacks shoes are for fun boys. :down:

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
I have had problems with my ankles and I baught a thing known as a "WObble Board". It is a round board with a half ball at the bottom of it.

So my ankles are really strong now.

Or you can use as toxel by putting it on your foot and moving your foot around in cicular motion. When you feel your ankle burning it is working.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts