trials shoes

Discussion in 'Observed Trials Discussion' started by nidoss, Mar 29, 2004.

1. nidoss

nidoss Guest

I was wondering what you all thought about trials specific shoes, such as tryall or monty, as apposed to just some regular flat soled skate shoes or something. I was thinking about buy some tryall shoes but wasnt sure if it would be worth it.

thanks

2. WhiteRavenKS

WhiteRavenKS Well-Known Member

unfortunately this is a such a matter of personal preference that the only way you will know if it is worth it is by buying a pair and trying them out. i dig my skate shoes a lot but i can certainly see why people would want to run some dedicated trials shoes.

the try-alls are a good choice. i hated mine but thats not to say you wont find them to be the best thing ever.

3. mikeschiavone

mikeschiavone Active Member

pumas, addidas superstars and OLD school nike classics are great for riding. and they look pimp too.

you can go jeremy V. style and glue sticky compound tires to your soles for extra grip!

4. ascentrek

ascentrek Original power yuppie

So what are the differences in Trials shoes vs. regular? Skate vs. regular? Stickier compounds? Stiffer sole?

I'm running some gay-ass Merrils that don't have shoe laces. The stick very well. They're not very stiff, so my foot gets tired quick. Sticky though.

5. AndyT

AndyT New Member

generally trials shoes have much stickier compound, are like slippers and have ankle protection.

they also all look very gay.

6. Elan

Elan steve french

i am using me try-all shoes today. they look awesome..wait..they just look 10X better than monty shoes. all of them are really ugly, yea

7. smudge

smudge Central Scrrrrrrrutinizer

I use some approach shoes from Kayland. They fit great, have intense grip (sticky rubber), look like ass, cost too much and wear out too quickly. I think I paid about $140 for them from the local climbing gym. They do have the perfect amount of flex and stick for me. I'm either going to re-sole them with some rubber from 5.10 or I'm going to pro-deal a pair or two of Montrail's new approach shoe.

8. Chris

Chris Well-Known Member

these are the "new" monty shoes. Well, only the color is new..
    [​IMG]
    they look much better than the old monty clown shoes

9. AndyT

AndyT New Member

not bad...my sharpee and duck taped monty's still look the best :p

MONTY COPiED TRY-ALLS COLOR SCHEMES!! !EVERYONE ATTACK

10. Rob.K

Rob.K Guest

Would those Montey shoes protect you from spraining your ankles..

11. AndyT

AndyT New Member

They are like wrapping paper around your ankles, so no.

The only reason thats there is gay BIU rules.

12. 61

61 Guest

i think vans are the way to go, as for ankle protection ive seen bmxers using some wierdo ankle coursettes that go around the whole ankle. im assuming some of these dudes have had major damage however and i think using one of these my make your ankles weaker anyway...
    i roll my ankles like a bastard! anybody know any exercises for this?
    vans rowley xlt....double waffle soles, sticky,ive been using these for so long (second pair down, thirds on the way) that the anodizing on my pedals has a worn waffle pattern!
    Monty and Cacks shoes are for fun boys. :down:

13. AndyT

AndyT New Member

I used vans waffle soles for over 2 years. Holds nothing to the monty shoes. Weak ankles are for fun boys.

14. Elan

Elan steve french

i rode in my try-all sohes all day today, i am quite pleased with them.

15. Rob.K

Rob.K Guest

I have had problems with my ankles and I baught a thing known as a "WObble Board". It is a round board with a half ball at the bottom of it.

So my ankles are really strong now.

Or you can use as toxel by putting it on your foot and moving your foot around in cicular motion. When you feel your ankle burning it is working.

16. RD_dAnKs

RD_dAnKs Guest

Good shoes.... how much cost?

17. hydroboy

hydroboy "Jak se mas"

18. AndyT

AndyT New Member

I'm not quite sure what to think of that :rofl:

:rofl:

:ugh:

:rofl:

at least its not my naked body?