Trials riders in FL

Discussion in 'South/South West, USA' started by Stock, Nov 12, 2004.

1. Stock

Stock Tumescent.

Just curious if there are any trials riders in FL, particularly near Gainesville.

2. Shipley

Shipley ..........

philth- fort myers
    trials4life- miami
    another miami rider who's sn I don't know
    trialzinmyblood- orlando
    myself- orlando
    two other riders here who aren't on the board
    lance trappe who doesn't count
    oicdn- jacksonville

and a few stragglers here and there .. used to be a few around gainesville but not much anymore I believe.
    we go up to ride there once in a while.. college and trails are both great.

3. Stock

Stock Tumescent.

Yeah, I was asking because I might go to UF. I visited and it looks like prime trials territory.

How are the campus cops there?

4. Shipley

Shipley ..........

It's hit or miss... technically.. you're not supposed to ride a bike on UF campus over like 5 mph. Sad eh? But i've ridden there a lot and never gotten messed with.. just gotta keep an eye open.. The riding there is really good. Great area for trials and the trails right next door in Belleview, not 30 minutes away, are the best natural ones in Florida.. some nice areas for trials there too (for Florida that is).

Keep in touch... you ever come down to visit.. let me know ahead of time and I'll try and get some guys together for a ride and show you around a bit.

5. sammy

sammy New Member

I'm heading down to FL. staying in Webster, just wanting to know about places to ride bike trials, I'll be riding some road milage on the VanFleet trail just west of Orlando. I've been to Santo's, do you ride down in the pit area, I imagine they have some tree piles after your big storms. Any other places to ride between Webster and Orlando?sam

6. Shipley

Shipley ..........

There's a place in Lakeland, privately owned land with the sickest trails and dirt jumps in Florida. We'll be building some trials stuff there soon... Santos/Belleview also has some fun natural.. Trips to the beach bring fun rocks.. and lots of good urban all around.
    PM me Sammy and I'll get in touch with you.. good to have another rider coming down.

7. sammy

sammy New Member

Which beach, New Symrna?
    And I've read about this Lakeland trail, but you must be a member of some club?

sam

8. Shipley

Shipley ..........

Smyrna's nice.. the rocks are really tech and small there though.. Hallover in Miami is badass.. bit of a drive but really worth it. All sizes and shapes of rock.. big and small..
    I can hook you up with the guys that run the place in Lakeland. We're going to be building some trials stuff there soon too like I said.. should be good times.

When are you coming down?

9. afrobot

afrobot Aluminum is for recycling

I'm going to smyrna sometime between the 23rd and 26th .No idea how I'm going to get there ,but aside from bagging my ex -girlfriend that will be the highlight of the trip.

10. sammy

sammy New Member

Tzimon, I'll be down by Tuesday, But have to split by Friday and do X-mas on the outer banks. But will be back in Fl. by the following Tuesday, probaly hang out for a couple weeks. Man, I'm like a highend novice or lowest possible Sport class level rider, so dont expect any explosive rear wheel moves! I recall a real rocky area in the Santos Trail pits. Lakeland sounds cool, I wanted to check out some trails around Lakeland, but seen they where real strickt about leting in riders! Once I was at Reddick riding XC and seen two dudes riding trials on a picnic table there. Anyhow I'll let you know when I hit the sunshine state!

sam

11. Shipley

Shipley ..........

Weather is still pretty good here. Fucking 34 degrees the other night though.. almost felt like home.
    Check your PM's.. call me up when you guys get down here.. we'll try to set up a ride.

12. oicdn

oicdn Guest

I know this thread is dead, but I just came back from that park in Santos, as well as some of the trails/jumps like 2 miles down....it's definitly worth riding.

I took my trials bike there, but unknowingly flatted the night before (the bike sat in the car all night) and when I took it out, it was flat and wouldn't pump up. I only brought 24" tubes, so I didn't get to ride that bike, but it looked like you coulda got in a couple nice lines there....

13. Tanner

Tanner New Member

My friend Pete Deren lives there

14. Shipley

Shipley ..........

Santos is one of the only saving graces of Florida.

15. oicdn

oicdn Guest

Yeah...my friends were all telling me about it, so I finally broke down and drove there the days before yesterday....pretty sick. I thought they were exaggerating, but it's pretty sick out there....I might head out there this weekend actually..this time with a non-flat tire...

16. sammy

sammy New Member

Im finally freed up enough to ride, I imagine no one would be able to ride at Santos this coming Mon, Tues or Wens. I would XC/TRIALS both, but only take pictures of you guys jumping off those cliffs. I must say that is the most extreme bike drops that I have ever seen in my life! The VORTEX, is what they call that area.

I notice that alot of the bridges down here that cross small creeks and even rivers have large rocks placed for bank erosion.. So watch out for these hidden trials spots!

So, PM me if your up to riding at Santos next week.

sam