Trials riders get no props....

Discussion in 'Observed Trials Discussion' started by oicdn, Oct 15, 2004.

1. oicdn

oicdn Guest

What's your outlook to drops? I personally think they're kinda weak, but a good crowd pleaser.

Example. I was unloading a container (semi truck) of bikes for my shop. When it was empty, I put my bike into it and everybody thought I was gonna eat shit, or hit my head on the top of the container from bunnyhopping off. It was only 4-5 feet high to flat. I got on my rear and pedal kicked off. Landed like butter....everybody was stoked. Pretty easy drop for me...all drops within reason feel the same/achieved the same to me....

I think this is where conflict comes from the crowd. I did an easy 5 foot to flat drop from a trackstand and people were amazed...who thinks drops are impressive?

I just thought it was odd, causethe same crowd (fellow bike shop managers) were just shootin the shit waiting for the semi to arrive and I was riding around the lot.

I was upping around 1 foot ledges to front wheel, gapping 6 feet onto that 1 foot ledge(a crack in the concrete about 6 feet away, "gapped" onto the ledge), and doing 90 degree ups and sidehops up it, nobody thought a damn thing. I get into an empty semi truck, hop to my rear then pedal kick off and everybody thinks I'm the shit....wtf????:umno: :dunno:

2. AndyT

AndyT New Member

:ugh: O K.

I've had peoples minds blown from a trackstand, and I've had people passivly walk by on 9 foot drops.

3. manimal

manimal New Member

something like that sorta happened to me and my buddy nic.. he up'd a 2 foot rock to rear, came down, and a lady says to him "nice belt" (and yes, she was refering to the strap of leather holding his pants up)

4. bonzai

bonzai The brown guy

:dunno: some people...

5. Elan

Elan steve french

drops arent impressive to me at all. not unless they are being done by and english/norwegian rider.

6. AndyT

AndyT New Member

I'll tell you one thing- people sure are impressed when you start throwing down bad foot moves.

:hsugh:

7. Elan

Elan steve french

bahahaha.. or throwing rocks with your left hand.

8. oicdn

oicdn Guest

^^^^hahaha!!!!

9. DanBowhers

DanBowhers I farted.

I really dont care if people arent impressed, but i hate when they talk shit for doing it.

10. Shipley

Shipley ..........

I throw everything with my left hand.. except things i throw with my right.

But yeah.. i love the 'get a bmx' crowd. It's fun to shut them up.

Reminds me though.. recently at work I had about 20 people together and showed Kevin and Andrew's Vincent vids on one of the conference room projectors. Nice to see every person there with their jaws on the floor. Surprised me how interested everyone was in learning about the sport. Not so much 'where's your seat' as 'why isn't there one?'

11. trialspads

trialspads TrialsPads.com

Ya trials is not something most people heard or seen about around here...I get different reactions but it was funny like tzimon said, BMX'ers and skateboarders tend to look down on bikers until I was doing this 5' drop near the mall & all they could say was "WTF You're crazy man!!!" and "Do it again!!!"

Kids love them...I would only repeat it if kids ask me...kids know what's up :Sonic:

12. mikemad23

mikemad23 Guest

yeah sometimes bmxers are only impressed by drops. you can be bustin out 360s and theyl tell you to do a drop and be totally amazad when you do it. i guess its just the balls factor

13. TRA

TRA this is very uninteresting

I hate it when people looks at me when im training, im always riding and trying stuff i dont make or just bout never make it , so when people are watching they beleive im shit and thats annoying me :p , always been like that tho .

I impress people by riding my bike at the sidewalk without any seat .

14. AndyT

AndyT New Member

Whenever I got to white trash cities to ride there are always people driving in cars saying "faggots!" or "you suck!", that is always nice. When I go to ghetto cities they are really impressed, but I can't understand what they are trying to say to me- and they like to scream.

"O SHIT DOOOWG U SEE DAT SHIT OH SNAP FOOL HE GOTST MAD SKILZZ DOG SHIT OH SHIT DOGGG!"

15. average mike

average mike Guest

bahahaha, i was riding at my friends house a while ago, and some random black jehovah's witness guy comes up and does that, and then he tells me that he tried to do that on a 40 pound bike he got from walmart. I just said "oh, cool".

16. CRAK_BOT

CRAK_BOT Guest

I was doing a pedal kick off of a few stairs and when I landed someone from a passing car yelled "GO BACK TO FRANCE!"

I still don't know what that means?

17. Cryo-Cube

Cryo-Cube -----------

worst people are the verbal commentators aka " im talking about the guy who is riding at a sound level that he can clearly hear me, but i still talk crap as if he couldnt.
    You know the ones that talk to each other "hmm look he is doing it again...nahh didnt quite make it, now he is going to backwheel, he is trying this other thing now.. bla bla bla"
    Its just fucking annoying and rude, like someone standing right next to you while your on your cellphone and he´s like "he is talking to his girlfriend i think, sound like they are gonna meet....."

Makes me wanna scream " i can fucking hear you, fucking idiot

18. digby

digby New Member

I hear lots of "holy crap" and "OMG" when i'm out riding. Sadly I hear the same thing regardless of if I'm crashing or doing something cool.

19. mikeschiavone

mikeschiavone Active Member

i dont pay attention to what other people think

20. oicdn

oicdn Guest

I just thought it was humorous as hell that I was doing stuff not every schmuck on a bike can do, and no attention was paid, but anybody that's even halfway decent on a bike can drop 5 feet. Maybe not from a pedal kick, but they can do a shitty drop...completly ghey how that incident turned out.

It's not that I care they thought I was cool by the trials, but the fact that they thought the drop was harder..fuckin whack....