Trials Fashion

Discussion in 'Observed Trials Discussion' started by Peace, Oct 10, 2004.

1. Peace

Peace pedocrab

Fuckin im over having fuck all real choice in trials frames without goin custom! EVERYTHING is long!
    Ok so here goes the shit options
    Echo/Zoo, the only decent short frame out of these is a Boa, i dont really like the pures, but still i would rather a slacker head angle on the boa but with the same wheel base.
    Koxx - overrated and over priced shit thats made in a factory next door to echo/zoo. fuck that.
    BT - One model, the best long frame ive ridden may i add, but still, long...
    PX - sure they make a short frame, but PX the company suck big diseased COCK and should be executed milkman style!
    Brisa - Brisa....
    Coustellier - One model, overpriced, looks too much like my Pitbull, Long.

Basically alll im after is a 1055-1065 frame with a 71-72 degree head angle.... At the moment the only option for that is to go Koxx or custom. id rather go custom...

Yes im having a bitch, but im 5'10" and just dont feel comfy on my pitbull..... sure i can ride it, but just dont enjoy it as much as a shorter bike.
    Main reason this has come up is because a freind of mine Adam Kelly Fucking kicks ass and i would say is in the top 5 of Aussie riders, rides a Zoo Boa with pretty shit vees, hope hub, riser bars and still rides unbelievably well and IS THE SMOOTHEST rider in OZ, no one who has seen him ride will argue against that.

So basically this has shown me that im kidding myself if i think my longer frame is going to help me become a better rider when really i need a frame that suits ME best to get the best out of me...
    Ive had a few beers and just wanna see if theres anyone else out there with the same frustration as me.
    I know and totally believe its the rider not that frame, but it does help to have a frame better suited to YOU.
    Sorry for the long post.
    Peace

p.s. may i also add, i dont like koxx because they started this bullshit long frames uci fashion bullshit.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2004
  2. oicdn

oicdn Guest

If you go Custom...ummm, you can goto www.canyoncustomcycles.com and they have all sorts of tubing to make whatever frame you want. $1200. I was looking to get a custom after the Megamo, but I think it's overkill for my riding. I don't ride to the point where I need "custom" geo....

3. Cryo-Cube

Cryo-Cube -----------

What is your problem, if you can´t choose a decent fitting frame out of 4 of the biggest manufacturers in trials... then i dont know, cause everybody else can

What about
    Echo Urban (1045 WB)
    Echo control short (1065 wb, 71 headangle)
    Echo Bounce is short too i think

Also check the trials frame database
    http://free-du.htnet.hr/trials/frames.html

4. BrettM

BrettM New Member

I am calling this right now as the next "fad" or whatever you want to call it in trials. People realizing that they bought into the hype and bought a trials bike too long and too "uci" for themselves and they are willing to admit that there riding actually suffers because of it.

I am not saying everyone is gonna run out and get a px or a norco. But I believe too many people bought a bike with a wheelbase at the high end of what they should ride instead of the mid to low. Of course longer is better right?

I'm willing to bet a lot of people are gonna crave a true 1065 instead of their 1080 or 1085 wheelbases.

Hey Peace.

My 1065 is exactly 1065 with a px light fork.

5. mikeschiavone

mikeschiavone Active Member

i absolutely love(d) my bt raven. it was long as shit, and i liked it. but, i do want a smaller street bike. single speed, small bars, small stem.....

the next bike i get wont even be a trials bike.

peace, get what feels right. it sounds so simple, but you'll be so much happier in the long run. get a shorter bike if it feels right.

6. RomanC

RomanC Well-Known Member

Mike, any word from the police about the bitch that drove over your bike?

7. Orkje

Orkje New Member

Curtis and Leeson make short steel frames as well. You might check those out as they both have an awesome reputation.

8. DanBowhers

DanBowhers I farted.

now people want short wheel base bikes? MAN I AM SO BEHIND

9. mikeschiavone

unfortunetly dan, some people got bikes that didnt suit them.

i want a bike completely different then my trials bike.

10. AndyT

AndyT New Member

:rofl:

More like they started the capri fashion.

Oh yeah, and I rode a zebdi for a few months and thought it was tons of fun. Then I got back on another long bike and realized how worthless short frames were for myself.

11. DanBowhers

DanBowhers I farted.

I know Mike and what I find most funny is how when you told me you didnt like your long wheel base bike you whispered it to me as if it were a sin. I think Andrew contextualizes this best "Then I got back on another long bike and realized how worthless short frames were for myself."

FOR MYSELF

12. besham

besham Guest

Montys are short too.
    Am I even allowed to say Monty?
    Dont flame me, for I know not what I do

13. sebLG

sebLG New Member

MEGAMO PEACE !!!!! MEGAMO !!!! they are short, UCI (lol yeah whatever UCI pffffttt fad fad fad ... whatever) and really strong bikes ... all in one. megamo equip dual disc or radical :) might suit you? ... and yeah first thing i thought when i saw you on the pitbull was that you looked more comfortable on the PX than you do the pitbull. meh ya still can ride it.

... actually ... where the hell do you buy megamo's from :ugh: ...

or you could get one of the new pashleys, they are hot ... or an ashton justice. look for frames from the UK, they seem to be into what you are looking for. i think the ashton or megamo because i dont like that other steel custom made whatever apart from pashley. no reason why just dont.

ps: no besham i dont think you are allowed to say monty. :momaru:

pps: AK is the best rider ... ever. (shh dont talk or you wont hear him ride)

Last edited: Oct 10, 2004
  14. Bloodhound

Bloodhound Steffen L.T.

Good call, we'll soon find out how right this hypothesis is.

First of all Peace, calm the fuck down. talk, dont bitch. Cryo-Cube listed some very good options. Echo control short (1065 wb, 71 headangle), Echo Bounce (1055wb $400), Echo Pure 1060 - Webcyclery has them all.

Wheelbase isnt the only reason for a long bike. I'm fairly tall with long legs, i need a large front end to feel comfortable. I am looking for a smaller rigid street/park bike though. That is another potential "fad". People realizing their long bikes restrict them to pure trials therefore wanting another different bike.

15. MegamoMidwest

MegamoMidwest chicago crew

im selling my equipe pro frame

16. oicdn

oicdn Guest

I was going to say Megamo Radical, but it's wheelbase is like 1040...15-25mm shorter than what he asked about. But who knows, it might be the best thing for him???

17. mikeschiavone

dan, i odnt whisper to guys. sorry.

but yea, i realized i was trying stuff on a long bike that is easier on a street bike. hence the reason i want a STREET bike, not a short trials bike

18. will4eva7k

will4eva7k TrialsDEN.com

i know you dont like koxx

but a xtp short or or a levelboxx 1040 seem good.. well to me anyway

19. Peace

Peace pedocrab

yes sorry, i had a few and felt a bit agressive. so tough titties

I forgot to add..... i hate maguras so i want a vee dedicated frame. So basically im a minority and im having a whinge haha.

Wanting vees has left only one decent frame..... BT and i just know i would love a shorter bike.... but im adament about having a slack head angle so i can still do big wheel switches and easier taps.
    Yes i have looked at all the custom frames and leeson is on the top of my list. But i was hoping on the off chance something would pop up with vees, companies should really have the option of vees i reckon, it wouldnt cost any extra or be any harder to do it! just build at a ratio of 3:1 (magura:vee) or somthing like that so they dont get over stocked...

There are definitely holes in the market for frames with vees and a range of decent disk forks, that dont break in a few months!

Sorry sbout the bitch, but i fuckin felt like it!

Peace

20. Tanner

Tanner New Member

thylacine XS trials looks promising....Norco moment?