Trials bike for begginer.

Discussion in 'Australia & New Zealand' started by flasher, Dec 15, 2004.

1. flasher

flasher New Member

Hey all,
    Im looking to get a trials bike sometime next year (very early next year [late january - mid febuary]) and just wondering what people thought was a good begginers bike.
    I want to get a mod.
    I have a really small budget, 500 or less, which is why im looking into second hand, and remember, the lower the price the better, i was looking on www.monty.com.au and they had a special on the 219 X-alp Magura, which i think looks perfect and NEW it is only 395, but this special might be gone by the time i have the money.
    So what bikes would you suggest i look into?
    Im looking for a VERY light but VERY sturdy bike.
    Thanks alot.
    Ben

2. unlimits

unlimits New Member

The bike of the photographs of that page is the 219 alp magura 2003 model. 395 for that bike is not a bad price, but that model is old and a little heavy (steel = nearly 12 kg). the 2005 model (the one of the photograph) is better and lighter (aluminum = about 10.4 kg) but it costs here 499€ (about more than 600 USD) the 2004 model is nearly the same as the 2005 model and is cheaper and if you find a second hand... (here about 350 USD)

Attached Files:

1 person likes this.

3. tomacropod

tomacropod Rum Pig

just ask Steve Huxter (monty) what he has in stock and what sort of prices he's willing to give you. For your price range and your experience, monty mods are your best bet. If you like trials then you have a bike to ride while you consider what else you might want to get in future.

- Joel

4. will4eva7k

will4eva7k TrialsDEN.com

i think my little bro wants to sell his monty x alp magura
    since he, also a beginner hasnt made a good start in trials and wants to get a bmx and skatepark
    absolutely no scratches, bought new ridden by an 11 year old

price? i dont know, email; [email protected]

5. Blackstick

Blackstick Well-Known Member

If you are in Melbourne all you need to do is call 9499 5209 and ask to speak to Ant, he works at Ivanhoe Cycles, hes a trials rider and has helped out more newies than I can count, myself included. Really nice guy and would do anything to help you out. He also has a monty mod in stock right now that im sure he could do you a deal on.

His shop also supports Australian trials (as does Monty Australia and www.biketrialsaustralia.com).

6. crazyhorse

crazyhorse Guest

yeah big Ant will help you out, what about Rodda's bike? has he sold that was cheap, Dan prolly wants a few more $$ for his x-lite but who knows.

7. flasher

flasher New Member

Ok, first of all sorry, im in sydney,
    But to "will4eva7k" i would be very interested in this, does he use msn?
    Crazyhorse, i would be interested in the x-lite, depending on the price range, can you link me to it if it's for sale?
    Thanks,

8. crazyhorse

crazyhorse Guest

I beleive Ant has a x-lite for sale that used to be the bike of Dan Nipples, I think this is what Toby was talking about too. You will have to call him I'm sure he would mail it up no probs, but he prolly wants a few $$ for it