Observed Trials banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Premium Member
2,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just finished this build. Everything is hard coming from a high bb Echo, but it is so fun.

I built it for light trail riding, cruising in park, some DJ/Street, and a low top tube bike for my girlfriend. I will be swapping back and forth between this light Race BMX Seat for trials and a dropper seatpost saddle for actual pedaling around.

Specs:
Frame: 09 Norco Manifesto, custom red powder coat
Control
- Chris King Headset, Aliexpress Carbon stem, Jitsie Carbon bar, Sam Hill Nukeproof grips
Brakes:
  • Front: Shimano Saint M820 with 8 inch Shimano rotor
  • Rear: Shimano Saint M820 with 7 inch Shimano rotor

Drivetrain:
- Shimano Saint M820 Shifter/Derailleur, Jagwire elite link shift cable, Truvative Descendant Carbon cranks, Chris King BB, Sam Hill Nukeproof Ti Pedals.

Wheels:
  • 38mm Light Bicycle Carbon rims, Chris King Hubs, Alloy Nipples, Sapim CX Ray bladed spokes, Shimano XT 10 spd cassette, KMC 10 speed e bike chain
  • Continental Race King 2.2 Supersonic x 2, Tubolito tubes, Tannus Armor tire insert (Rear only)
Fork: Manitou Circus Expert lowered to 80mm.
Saddle: Tioga Race BMX Seat
Weighs 24lbs

· Premium Member
2,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Definitely bad ass and something i am jealous of !!! nice one sam, I'm not asian so couldnt pull off the color but go for it
Thanks tda!
Not the most sensible way of spending cash on a bike as I could have built a very nice new mountain bike with what it cost, but I wanted a unique ride of my own. There will always be new mountain bikes to buy. It will only get harder to get these classic trials bikes as time goes on.

And I just can't resist black and red! Lol.

Good on you keeping this place alive too!

· Registered
690 Posts
Amazing build! That is a mack daddy version of what I have been tempted to build. Old school stock bike with modern tech.
May not be the best trials bike, but looks like a fun toy for ripping around town and hitting whatever looks good.

· Premium Member
2,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Amazing build! That is a mack daddy version of what I have been tempted to build. Old school stock bike with modern tech.
May not be the best trials bike, but looks like a fun toy for ripping around town and hitting whatever looks good.
I just took it for a couple rides. It is so fun!
I joined this place in 2010 so after more than 10 years of doing trials, I needed some change. This bike is so refreshing coming from my high bb bike.

And I still have my pure trials bike for the times I want to do that as well.

Some people would say keep the parts period correct like the old frame, but I want to add the newest lightest parts to the old frame to reach its maximal potential.

· Premium Member
2,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
How do you like that stem? I've been looking for good options in a low/long configuration.
So the stem in the photo is 120mm x 17 degrees. I switched that out for 80mm x 10 degrees to make it streetier.
It feels a lot better now. I would recommend the original stem in the photos as well, made of carbon, and cheap too.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts