Observed Trials banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Super Moderator
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone out there? I'm around this week. Don't have bike this time but may be spending more time here in the near future.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Back in the day people rode on Um campus. I haven’t been in town on a bike in 10 years.

my riding is mostly all trail riding these days with elements like skinnies or hopping over downed trees. It’s partly lack of availability. Partly lack of riding partners. Etc etc. which is all to say I’m not setting the world on fire with mad trials skills these days and at best was ever a sport level rider 20 years ago.

·
Super Moderator
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Were kind of in the same boat. I rode sport in a few comps about 10 years ago. Since then I mostly just ride other kinds of bikes and play around with basic trials stuff during commutes
or chill trail rides etc. Got an actual trials bike again last year and I find time to ride it once every week or two. There is a brand new Hex still in the box waiting for me in Ohio though. And even though I still suck at trials I've actually found that taking time off to ride other bikes helped my handling a lot. There is still much fun to be had.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I can open the box for you…ha ha.
I have a steel frame I built back in 2000 that hangs on the wall unused for years now. Rode my Chameleon at rays this winter after ignoring it this season to ride a Ripley. Looked at a piremtrials bike but damn don’t want to spend more money.

There’s a decent Moto trials scene in Michigan and Ohio. As big as anything involving trials is.

·
Super Moderator
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've got a pure bike as well and it's coming with me. It only took about 15 min on the Simtra to convince another former rider that he needs a new bike of his own.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I've got a pure bike as well and it's coming with me. It only took about 15 min on the Simtra to convince another former rider that he needs a new bike of his own.
I feel like some restlessness is hitting some of us that Want to go back to when riding was amazing and all about progression.

really solid single track in se Michiganas well. I think the growth opportunity for the sport is as a skill improver for trails. This is where Geoff Aaron is pushing Moto trials.

·
Super Moderator
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Finally got around to exploring by bike a bit today.

Found this near the Toledo Police Museum:

Followed the singletrack to a potential chill zone:

Kept going:

After a couple miles of looping around got hungry and found an exit:

Woody's Just Chicken:

·
Super Moderator
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Rode a singtrack "mountain biking" loop through a nature preserve / wooded swamp (Oak Openings Metropark). 10 ish miles, elevation change approx 300ft 🤣

I rode it on a sscx and got some comments from people on squishy bikes. I was so embarrassed for them. It is literally just a winding walking path on dirt and wooden bridges with no roots or rocks or anything at all. But lots of tall grasses and brush where you could lose something like a wallet.

At the end of the loop I realized my wallet had fallen out of my front shirt pocket that I accidentally left unzipped. Drank a beer then rode the loop again but did not find wallet. It is fertilizer now.

·
From your head to your fists
4,291 Posts
:ROFLMAO: That promo video is fucking hilarious. Ideal bike for that is definitely a road bike.

Stink about your wallet :(

·
tda
1,662 Posts
wow they have shittier bikes than I do !! I cannot believe that isn’t satire … ooooofaaaa still looks fun and u arent a bike rider if u aint lost ur wallet shreaddins

1 - 14 of 14 Posts