TNN LGM

Discussion in 'Beginner's Area' started by Hrob27, May 12, 2010.

Tags:
  1. Hrob27

Hrob27 New Member

Just running lgm pads atm got them new and the are ridicusiously loud even feathering, on a fresh grind rim? any way to avoid or stuck with?

2. bigfoot rider

bigfoot rider New Member

The noise is a byproduct of performance. I, personally, enjoy the sound of hard pads on a ground rim :)

3. xos

xos Member

brake booster will make your brake quieter

4. Hrob27

Hrob27 New Member

But Its so so incredibly loud i love the sharp sound when you hit them hard but feathing souds so bad:(

5. This is very true. But you can also get awesome performance from quieter pads too. But in general the louder the pads the better your brake will perform. So it's a trade off between performance vs noise.

As said earlier a solid booster set up will get rid of most of the noise.

6. Hrob27

Hrob27 New Member

Yeah put a booster on the rear much quieter:) but a booster wont fit my fork too narrow have to wait for my new mist one.
    Thanks alot Le, not going to change my LGMs out no matter what noise they make way too good:D

7. I love the noise and mine are superduper loud.

8. Sethgun

Sethgun New Member

louder the better. Its cool when idiots on the street say " u need to fix ur brakes they sound shit shocking"

9. byoexile

byoexile Stock or clown bike? Easy choice.

Don't feather your rear brake...
    Leave that for the front brake or you'll be regrinding constantly. 8P

10. Blackstick

Blackstick Well-Known Member

I only ever use my rear brake when locking up for trials, or as a horn when pedestrians walk in front of me on the road in the city.

Scares the crap out of people.

11. Boots

Boots Scorekeeper.

I do this too :bowrofl: They automatically think a brake that loud is coming from an out of control bicycle.

So many signs around here say "use voice or bell to signal when passing" and the brake sends them scattering far more effectively than either of those.

12. Ramrod

Ramrod My body is ready.

Haha I try to use my front brake when slowing down

I hate that "HOONK HOONK" noise when going down a hill in the city and everyone is looking