Tires?

Discussion in 'Observed Trials Discussion' started by hello?, Oct 23, 2004.

1. hello?

hello? Guest

Im wanting to buy a new front and rear tire. i was wondering what a nice light 1.95 front tire would be and a nice grippy rear tire? something not too expensive too.

2. xxxfr

xxxfr RCP FABRICATION

spend the money on a good rear tire... i love my maxxis high roller 2.5 2ply, i beat the fuck outta it, and havent piched that often..

3. hophopsnap

hophopsnap Well-Known Member

panaracer fire XC pro 2.1 is a good front tire..I have a maxxis minion dhr 2.7 tire, and its good I guess, super fat so ya can run low psi..next tire is deff a michelin 24.1 because I guess those are the best ever

4. Mordax

Mordax American in Canadia

ok, honestly, why does everyone love this tire so much for the front? I've seen so many people running it. what's so great about it? please tell me once and for all

5. hydroboy

hydroboy "Jak se mas"

I think im going to run maxis minion dhf and dhr both in the 2.35 size next.

6. Blackstick

Blackstick Well-Known Member

I think im going to scream if there is another tyre thread.

7. Raub

Raub Guest

I'm doing the same, 2.35 Slow Reezay for the Rear, and a Single Ply High Roller 2.35 Slow Reezay for the front :)

By they way, if no-one's told you:

If you go Maxxis, you'll get three different compounds to choose from, the 60a, which is the cheapest, surprisingly the crappiest too - leave it alone.
    Then you have 42a 'Super Tacky' which is super grippy, but the tire wear is quicker than others. Then you have the immence 40a 'Slow Reezay' which is that little bit more grippier than the 42a, obviously with the downside of it wearing even quicker.

If you don't mind dishing out the mular for tires every couple of months, or even one month if you ride every day for a good few hours - get the Slow Reezay :)

Edit: Managed to forget a few words :wiggle:

8. Jonno

Jonno Guest

Same here, they rule, get one!!!

9. CoppellStereo

CoppellStereo Ruff Rider

I was looking at the minion also, but I want something that I wont have to replace that often for the rear, any suggestions?

10. Shipley

Shipley ..........

650 grams or so
    great pinch resistance for it's size even with pretty low pressure
    grips decently
    lasts a good long while
    uhh.. color options?

...and cheap

11. RomanR

RomanR DualDisc 26"

Michelin comp 24.1, lasts pretty damn long for a tire that grips so unbelievably amazing. The wear on mine so far is comparable with the 50 or 60a maxxis I used to run.

12. Elan

Elan steve french

what you talkin about willis?

24.1 > all

13. BrettM

BrettM New Member

Its actually 550 or so grams. Its cheap as hell and you can find them anywhere. For the bang for the buck option its tough to beat.

14. chronic

chronic Dungeonmaster's Guide

Yeah, the panaracer fire xc pro's a decent front tire, I've had mine for the majority of the summer and I've never pinched it. It grips alright, and yeah it's nice and light.