Observed Trials banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Time to get my bike back into riding shape (I'm next, I swear). What tires (tyres?) are you kiddos running these days?

·
Super Moderator
252 Posts
Old Minion on the back, some Kenda XC tire up front. Saw a couple PNW guys running brand new Contis recently but I don't think you can buy those anywhere at the moment.

·
tda
1,527 Posts
I have a big heart for the der kaiser in the back. Have never found a good front tire, have kenda thatI hate... Ali C has some maxxis that look interesting, but the norm is using tubeless tires with an insert - all of which is beyond my interest. I stopped looking and using new bike parts in 2003 , A bike shop set up my touring bike with tubeless and it was hell.. I have no interest in deaing with that gooey petroleum poison going everywhere. I’m sure it causes cancer, but only in 20-30 years so... no one will put two and two together.

·
Super Moderator
252 Posts
Bicycles are intimidatingly complex machines now. Apparently there is derailleurs out there with electronic shifting. Downhill bikes are basically motorcycles. I like stuff with minimal moving parts. My most reliable bike is a cheap steel fixie with dents in the top tube.

·
Super Moderator
252 Posts
Just mounted these prototype snow tires I got from Jack Cathy back in 2006. Very futuristic tech. Indistinguishable from magic. They will get me to a barcade and a bonfire tonight

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
252 Posts
I grabbed one of those Kaisers. Pretty damn good price. Only 2 left in stock now and it looks like no one else anywhere has them. I'll put the DK on the SImtra and then I'll have the Minion DTC to try on the Hex in case I don't like the Holy Rollers it comes with.

Also grabbed a Black Chili Race King for the Simtra cause why not? I checked the current front tire and its a Kenda Karma DTC 2.2. That can also go on the Hex. Basically collecting various options to try on both bikes. At this point I pretty much just buy things when they're in stock under the assumption that they might never be available again.

·
Registered
85 Posts
let me crash the party but looking forward if the tires I got will be good enough for street riding? just found it at very low price online and grabbed 'em before it's gone.
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Tread Synthetic rubber

Tire Automotive tire Font Rim Auto part

Tire Wheel Bicycle tire Bicycle wheel Automotive tire

·
Super Moderator
252 Posts
Can't explain how I managed to flat the front just now doing basically nothing on concrete blocks but it happened.

Ordering some new disc brake pads from Tarty soon. Think I'll grab one of the Clean Koala front tires while I'm at it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts