tire sizing question

Discussion in 'Observed Trials Discussion' started by mikesnow, Dec 11, 2004.

1. mikesnow

mikesnow canada

can anyone point me in the direction of some kind of article or chart that would let me know what's the largest sized tire width-wise you can put on different rims? thanks

2. pan man

pan man New Member

You can pretty much fit whichever tire onto whichever rim - unless its like a road rim and you're trying to jam on a 3.0 tire. Which tires are you looking at to put onto which rims?

3. mikesnow

mikesnow canada

yo

i didn't really almost anything fit anything. so there are no specific widths to the bead part of the tire that locks on to the rim? i know the grippy part probably doesn't matter so much......pending it can clear your brakes, frame..........basically i was wondering what size tire would be good for a dx32 to run on a zebdi (mk4 i think)(gussets on main triangle). i'm looking to put the biggest one on possible, pending the limit to what you guys think is manageable for trials ....thanks

4. dingus

dingus Member

2.5", nothing more, nothing less. The full on DH 2.5 is worth the weight, makes your bike ride lighter.

5. mikesnow

mikesnow canada

max tire size

cool 2.5 hey, out of interest does anyone know the max tire size that can fit on a zebdi?

6. dingus

dingus Member

depends on the brand, but probably an average 2.7 is the most- with a straight wheel.

With either a maxxis or mich 2.5 on a dx32 there is less than a quarter inch on each side between the tire and bb yoke on my Mk5.