tire pressure for mod

Discussion in 'Observed Trials Discussion' started by dubyman, May 18, 2004.

1. dubyman

dubyman Guest

ok, I'm sure there are like 50 threads on this but im not going to go look for them. so please let me know what the good tire pressure is in the rear. just today i was runnin about 30psi and pinched flat, so help.

2. Andreas

Andreas All About Trials

get smoother then. i run about 16 PSI and i've pinchflatted once in the past 6 or so months. how heavy are you? what conditions do you ride in? natural or urban? answer those then somebody can maybe help you out.

3. hydroboy

hydroboy "Jak se mas"

start with 20, and let abit out every so often till you are rimming hard, then put a bit more in.

4. GAZZZAloddi

GAZZZAloddi New Member

Andreas says the right thing.
    You seem to be looking for the pressure you will not be punching it, but that is not right.
    There can be two reasons:
    1. You use Monty Salmon sidewall tyres, which are the easiest to punch flat. - get Monty X-Lite black one with a white line sidewall or any other hard tyre.
    2. You land heavily and your rim hits the inner tube badly. - try to flex your legs when landing.
    Running at high pressures will affect your riding style in a bad way.
    [/list]

5. Andreas

Andreas All About Trials

I used to have Monty Salmon sidewall tyres, i still didn't get pinch flats....ever. don't get monty tyres, they suck. try alls are good, you'll be blingin for about 3 months....then they wear up. after that pick up a set of maxxis creepy crawlers, then you'll be the master.
    be smoother, best 'anti pinchflat' tip ever

6. GAZZZAloddi

GAZZZAloddi New Member

I am going to put Try Alls soon, but have used monties for ages and they are pretty well (they dont wear quickly)...
    I did punch Salmon Sidewalls like once or twice a week....coz i weight 82 kilos...
    And i almost never punch the black monty tyres.
    So i dont understand why they suck..any explanation?

7. Ed Gildea

Ed Gildea New Member

i run 18 its the best for everything..

8. Andreas

Andreas All About Trials

well for one thing pinching once or twice a week.... :greddy2: not sure wut the fuck is up with that....
    oh yea, you probably can't tell if you are riding the monty tyres, but in reality....tyres are supposed to grip! it's hard to understand that when riding as shitty a tyre as a monty, but it's true. that's what tyres are for:gripping to stuff.
    get a try all tyre, THEN come back to me saying that your monty's are good. :rofl:

9. GAZZZAloddi

GAZZZAloddi New Member

-Here i was talking of the Salmon Sidewalls....

BUT...you are really self confident about those Try Alls....and that means that they are well good.
    I have ordered a new Zoo Python 1045....it comes in June....i'll put TryAlls on it ASAP and then will check the difference...
    Now i understand why the are called sticky...
    Thank you Andreas, you have made up my mind!

PS: What do you think of those Echo tyres? Arent they too thin? I dont like thier looks actually...
    Do they punch flat?
    Thankz

10. AndyT

AndyT New Member

echo are horrible. almost worse than the monty.

11. Andreas

Andreas All About Trials

you still shouldn't be pinching once a week with salmon sidewalls....i wasn't even pinching once every few months!! get the try all, they're good.
    echo's are worse than monty

12. dubyman

dubyman Guest

well I weigh 165 and im 6'2", so I dont know if that changes anything. my dad said I was bottoming out the tire just pedalkicking on flat ground and that was about 25 psi

13. OTAdmin

OTAdmin Administrator Staff Member

[lisp]ohh... thath yor anther to everysing...[/lisp]

14. bigd

bigd Guest

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

15. GAZZZAloddi

GAZZZAloddi New Member

I used to run them like two years ago, when I had no skills...and rememba....i weight alot...
    Thanks for commenting on Echoes....i never liked those thin little rubber things and i will give them to my dog when I buy the Zoo...