Tioga tires with slow rebound rubber?

Discussion in 'Observed Trials Discussion' started by DangerousDave, Mar 17, 2004.

1. DangerousDave

DangerousDave Active Member

i used to run tiogas back in the day and they had amazing sidewalls but shitty rubber compound. anyone tried the slow rebound tires yet?

thx

Dave

2. Elan

Elan steve french

amazing sidewalls?..AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAQHAHAHGSFAHB#%ESRHNFA%EYHGF

3. DangerousDave

i used to love those tires. i could run 10 psi in them with no flats in two years of running them. and they only weighed 1000 grams.

4. Rob.K

Rob.K Guest

Tioga's with strong side walls.?????? Never heard of such a thing.

which one in particular????

5. Elan

Elan steve french

answer to all your problems = michelin.

6. DangerousDave

tioga factory dh 2.3, it had the most amazing, springy sidewalls out of all the tires i've used.

i don't like the feel of michelins. i have a brand new wildgripper dh 2.5" sitting in my basement and i aint' ever gonna use it. feels way to heavy...

i've tried a maxxis mobster 2.7 but it didn't feel all that great

tried all the irc tires with ok results

hutchinson was crap

i'm back on my schwalbe spcae but its a bit too light in the sidewalls

7. Elan

Elan steve french

ill buy your michelin for $20

8. Nikolai

Nikolai Member

I ran the Tioga White Tiger for almost a year. The sidewalls were thicker than the bead! I never once flatted that tire, and I flat my Michelin 24.1 2.2 about once every two months.
    The rubber is nice and grippy, I think the tread is pretty good for trials, paddles down the center, lots of side knobs. After about 9 months of use when the tread was almost totally gone, the rubber started delaminating from the casing. Maybe that's the "wear indicator".
    My only real complaint is that 2.5 is the smallest size and it's a true 2.5.
    If that's what you're looking for, give it a shot.

9. JK

JK New Member

The Tioga DH 2.3 is a good tire.

The White tiger is just stupidly heavy, but I always liked the feel of the Tioga DH 2.3. Hey , didn't Ken have a deal on those tires not too long ago? I buddy of mine bought a bunch of them and they feel great. I can't tell much of a difference between the Tioga and my Michlin, but then again when I tried his bike it was urban riding. I'll try his bike again when the snow melts and I'll let you know what I think.

10. Fast Fashion

Fast Fashion Youth in Asia?

i have flatted my michelin comp 24.2 2.2" once in two years. I weigh 185 pounds. what the hell are you people doing?

tioga DH tires are horroble for trials. they have zero grip and the sidewalls suck.

maxxis tires would be my only other possible choice for a trials tire, with the exception of Try-All tires which i have not ridden yet.

how many times is this going to be discussed before people realize this.

11. DangerousDave

no grip i agree with. thats why i'm asking about the slow rebound rubber.

sidewalls work fine for me...

12. Elan

Elan steve french

i guess if you ride urban only..teh tioga sidewall might not make you want to light yourself on fire..grip = no

13. DangerousDave

yea i don't know what the hell they use for rubber but it feels more like plastic. thats why i wanna know if this rebound stuff makes a diff. but no one rides em anymore since they had no grip...fuck

14. WhiteRavenKS

WhiteRavenKS Well-Known Member

i know they worked about a bajillion times better for dh use than the old ones.... the tire will never touch my trials bike though.

15. killjoy

killjoy Guest

WHAT SIDEWALLS ????????????????????????? :down:

16. Elan

Elan steve french

you could get a single ply maxxis if you are worried about weight... also, every thing about a lopes blinbling is better than anything on the tioga.

i am getting this for my front tire, because it looks pretty damn nice.

17. WhiteRavenKS

WhiteRavenKS Well-Known Member

get a minion dh f single ply for the front elan... the bling bling works like melty butter for trials. i have one in my car hole. it's crap- for trials.

18. Elan

Elan steve french

oh, really? aight, will do..Todd reccommended teh hook-worm..i was like "umm..no" but what do i know. minion it is.. although i am having trouble wanting to go to a maxxis on the rear..price will ultiamtely dictate though.

19. hydroboy

hydroboy "Jak se mas"

bling bling on front is fine for me. cheap too.

20. CoppellStereo

CoppellStereo Ruff Rider

my IRC Trail Bear 2.5 is pretty sweet, and its light, and cheap. no flats yet, but i am running a downhill tube, which the min. tire size you can use for it is 2.5, so i can run 20 psi, and it feels like a rock :bowdown: