Thunder Rocks Video - Trevor Bodogh & JK

Discussion in 'Your Bike Trials Media' started by JK, Nov 25, 2004.

1. JK

JK New Member

Here is a video of Trevor Bodogh and myself training last week at the Thunder Rocks in Allegany State Park. 40 megs, 5 minutes.

This is my first attempt at editing with Premiere. I will be posting a longer video with much better riding and editing very soon. If you have any suggestions or comments please let me know.

http://www.trials-shack.co.uk/romanr/thunder_rocks_lite.avi

2. dahouse

dahouse Guest

Long live trials in Ontario!

And by that, I mean ontario trials riders in other parts of the world.

3. biketrials25

biketrials25 New Member

Ieeee, thunder rocks.... i love that place!

4. tomacropod

tomacropod Rum Pig

looks slippery, cool vid...good music choice ! no jk...I love the track after that one...

- Joel

5. Rob.K

Rob.K Guest

Nice simple video Jon.........can't wait to see the other vid.:bigthumb:

6. Orkje

Orkje New Member

That vid is so good. A real trials environment (i.e. rocks, slippery, moss etc.), good music and smooth riding. I love it.

7. JK

JK New Member

Yes, it was very slippery, but only because it rained all morning. Those rocks stick to your tires like sandpaper when they are dry. We like to ride when it is wet because little things change to make simple lines much more difficult. Tire placement becomes critical. You should see some of the crazy lines that become possible when the rocks are dry! Thanks for the nice comments.

8. Megamo123

Megamo123 No more megamo!

Watching this video, makes me remember how much i love that place:D Great Riding!

Can't wait to see the full version!!

9. bwagner

bwagner New Member

Thunder Rocks is awesome. I love that place. This year was my first time ever organizing an event, and my first one was the Raccoon Rally there, on those rocks. I think Trevor was the only one to make my super hard up section for the pro riders. It was a slight downhill take off, and a pretty big up, but with a slight overhang, making it really difficult. I look froward to doigit again next year, and the Rally should be a nice event next year, much more cool stuff for the trials guys, and more non-riding stuff too(BBQ's and such). Nic video guys, nice riding too!!

10. cogmog

cogmog Member

MMMMMMMMmmmmmm.....Barbeque.....Doh....

11. Dr Game

Dr Game Guest

Wow, it's amazing that you can do a switch foot move sometimes

12. poutine

poutine Guest

Sick stuff jk.

We defenetly gotta hit that place up with you guys!!!!! til next year!

13. RomanR

RomanR DualDisc 26"

Trevor is really good riding switch foot, you should see the moves he can pull off. All the normals stuff he has nailed, gaps ups and drops, and he's learning more and more moves stuff super fast. He's better than a lot of people are normal foot forward, haha.

Cool video Jon, I gotta head up there with you guys sometime next year.

14. bwagner

bwagner New Member

All of that switch stuff drove me nuts!! It's awesome, but a little hard to follow for me. Theres a ton of skaters that can do it now, but a long time ago, before it was sooo big, there was a guy named Ed Templeton, who owned a skate company, he would switch up during his video runs, and it was hard to tell which way was his normal way, switch riding is the epitome of control in my opinion. To ride switch takes a ton of commitment. Props on all of your efforts

15. oicdn

oicdn Guest

Templeton used to be my switch riding hero....LOL, I have his shoes on right now. Rodney Mullen is the KING of switch..LOL, he's better switch than everybody regular...I sometimes wonder if he still knows which way is his regular, cause I have vids of him doing some INSANE lines switch, and doing it regular, and it look identical...

16. poutine

poutine Guest

Roman LOL!!!!

Ya man wen they got into town at night we went riding.

He was always driving me nuts trying to get me to switch foot.

Hes a bnut on the switch foot stuff!

17. DanBowhers

DanBowhers I farted.

if i remember correctly trevor showed up shaun miller, but only cause trevor's bashringless bike had an extra inch of wheelbase over miller's...thunder rocks is definately dec.

18. dkoppric

dkoppric New Member

are those just crescent stickers or is that actually a crescent he is riding? i thought they went out of business...