This Monty is sexy for some reason.....

Discussion in 'Your Bike Trials Media' started by oicdn, Mar 16, 2004.

1. oicdn

oicdn Guest

I've never thought Monty's were really "asthetically pleasing", but oddly, this model is pretty neato looking, aside from that useless looking CS protector....that seat looks a little outta place, but the gussets around the seat are pretty neato looking....

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

LOL, I know, probably a "welcome to last year", but that's the 1st time I've seen that frame....anybody know how those ride?

2. oicdn

oicdn Guest

OH...that's ghey.....they were showing earlier...lemme DL it and host it....

3. Andreas

Andreas All About Trials

hahahaha morryjg hahaa

4. oicdn

oicdn Guest

Here ya go....

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

gusseted everywhere.....maybe it's the pearl white, cause the non painted one don't look so nice....but that bike for some reason looks nice....well, cept for that awkward looking seat/post....

5. DangerousDave

DangerousDave Active Member

thats the monty urban. i rode JJ's prototype a few years back. its a fun bike to ride though. i really want monty tires on my stock though...

whered you find these pics?

and is it just my imagination or does monty actually have a bike with a 13"+ bb???

6. oicdn

oicdn Guest

Got it from:
    http://www.geocities.com/Pipeline/Ramp/2901/

Monty Bikes New Zealand...was browsing some Dual Disc bikes and that came up......Dual disc has been spikin my intrest for quite some time.....I'm just bored and decided I'de look around and saw how pretty that bike looks.....

7. Pancho

Pancho Member

Personally, that is one of the uglies bikes I have ever seen. Not to mention the gussets are completely pointless. Show me a single frame that has failed at the seat post/top tube joint, and I'll show you 100 that have failed at the BB

8. DangerousDave

DangerousDave Active Member

actually quite a few montys have failed there...
    one of which being my old xlite...

9. onza_tpro

onza_tpro Guest

that is quite nice but im not to keen on the seet tube , its the size of a bloody skyscraper for pittys sake

10. xumbyx

xumbyx Guest

Im not 100% on this, BUT the old blue monty x-lite mod's (1st generation ones especially i believe) used to crack where the seat stay's meet the top tube. I fairly sure it was because there was no cross peice welded between the two seat stays (or a wishbone design would prevent it also). Without that peice the frame was pretty flexy side to side (If you put your foot on the side of the BB and pushed with you foot, you could literally see the frame flex) which i guess put more stress on that particular area in general.....

...but yea, ask whoever was/is a monty dealer back around 1999-2000ish (when the first generation of the seatless blue x-lite frames came out) if you want to see a frame that is cracked in that area, im sure they have seen a few to say the least.....hahaha

that probably makes very little to no sense....

-Mike U.

11. Pancho

Pancho Member

Really, I had no idea. It still seems to me though that on every other street bike, there are more risky areas.

12. kamil

kamil Guest

i ride a 1st generation monty xlite. mine hasn't cracked... when i word it like that it almost seems suprising to me.. none the less, i have seen a few xlites crack at that spot, i guess i am just lucky.. or smooooth.. probably lucky.

13. Elan

Elan steve french

heres a good idea, montys are gay.

14. xumbyx

xumbyx Guest

yea, steve young i think it was at motorama had a first generation xlite still in good shape, i guess some people just have better luck? hahaha

yea pancho, there are definatly more risky areas, but thats the reason for the gusset braces things......

Mike U.

15. uownme

uownme get high and eat her

kamil has a 1st gen xlite also. Has no seat gusset so I guess thats a 1st gen. His is doing just fine..

16. WhiteRavenKS

WhiteRavenKS Well-Known Member

the polished ones with no seat tube (chopped) are much more attractive to me. that being said- i will never own one.

17. Andreas

Andreas All About Trials

I have that very frame at the moment. I'm expecting it to go soon or it already has a crack hidden in one of the welds :ugh:

18. Elan

Elan steve french

a crack hidden in the welds..is that logical?

19. MegamoMidwest

MegamoMidwest chicago crew

is it just me or does that bike look like its about to trip over itself and fall forwards?

-Paul