This is what's wrong with America...

Discussion in 'The Gutter' started by RomanC, Nov 11, 2004.

1. RomanC

RomanC Well-Known Member

http://www.cnn.com/2004/EDUCATION/11/11/no.cartwheels.reut/index.html

Edit: The hypocracy is annoying. Cartwheels is bad but outdoor sports are not. (and god forbid somebody will immitate)

Same goes for other sports. I got kicked off a golf course for riding rocks in their parkling lot as I was a "potential" danger. And the toll golf course take on environment is not "potentially" dangerous? Plus we have all seen what can happen with golf carts in Jackass...

At any rate I am just venting as hypocracy affects not only America but most of the world...

2. AgrAde

AgrAde From your head to your fists

i want to punch them all in the face.

3. OTAdmin

OTAdmin Administrator Staff Member

Here's whats wrong:

1.) she disobeyed the teachers when they instructed her to stop.
    2.) That we even have to worry about lawsuits arising from someone getting knocked over by some kid doing cartwheels or that we have to worry about lawsuits from some kid hurting themselves doing cartwheels in school.

People need to take responsibility for themselves and for their children. It is NOT a schools fault if a kid gets hurt doing something they shouldn't be doing. A bloody nose or being knocked down by some kid doing cartwheels is also NOT sue-worthy.

4. RomanC

RomanC Well-Known Member

I whole heartedly agree with you Bill. It is just the number 2. while always makes me angry. Perphaps because I was sued for a traffic accident where all the insurance companies plus the police found me not guilty. (The suit got dropped just a few days prior to the trial)

5. Ryden

Ryden Guest

If we could go back in time and stop all those frivilous lawsuits the world would be a much better place.
    1. We wouldn't get kicked out of EVERYWHERE on the grounds of liability.
    2. It would be a lot easier to ride and have fun.
    3. Skateparks could be built without worrying about insurance (we couldnt build an indoor one in the city because you need full insurance for any type of skatepark).
    4. TAG wouldn't have been banned back in the day at my old school for being a contact sport.

6. RomanC

RomanC Well-Known Member

You guys lost TAG due to that in school? Crazy

7. AgrAde

people actually sue for shit like that? holy shit. that is genuinely retarded.

8. Elan

Elan steve french

everyones heard about the one where the robber cuts/breaks/kills himself in the victims house and the robber/his family sue the victim of the robbery. and win. it has happened before, and its only going to get worse. responsibility is an illusion any more. and three ounces of pocket lint will buy you a day at the races.

9. AndyT

AndyT New Member

you can't even play dodgeball anymore.

fuck that gay shit

10. AgrAde

in that case, come over here. we're responsible and don't have dubya in charge either. your kids can play dodgeball and bullrush all they want.

11. digby

digby New Member

you would have to go back in time at one single point to stop it. the idiot at mcdonalds that burned himself with hot coffee.

12. Elan

Elan steve french

13. biketrials25

biketrials25 New Member

if you don't like it go back to your home country...

14. digby

digby New Member

another thing thats wrong with america, people with this kinda attitude.

and no, i'm not going anywhere.

15. Elan

Elan steve french

durgen designs sales: plummets 165% ... oh, wait

16. digby

digby New Member

oh thats right, your durgen designs. If anything you especially should be against such a litigous society. Isnt it lack of insurance coverage that kept you from having anyone but you test out your forks?

17. AgrAde

wow, :Owned:

18. AndyT

AndyT New Member

:rofl:

what is 165 % of 0 anyway?

19. evan

evan Guest

:squint:

That's about all I can say to that.

20. Cryo-Cube

Cryo-Cube -----------

yeah your US legal system(or whatever its called) is the most fucked up thing i´ve ever heard of, its just ridiculous

I heard about a guy who sued Porsche after wracking his brand new Porsche the same day he got it. He claimd that it was Porsches fault because no one told or warned him that a sports car like that has somes serious motor power.... how fucked up is that?
    Yeah sue a sports car company for not telling you that you have to be carefull with the accelerator pedal.

Seriously you cant pull that kind of crap over here...thank god

Last edited: Nov 12, 2004