This is a great forum and this is my first post/question

Discussion in 'Beginner's Area' started by michaelsnead, Oct 7, 2004.

1. michaelsnead

michaelsnead Guest

I am an experienced Mtn. biker and can bunny hop curbs/small rocks, wheelie over curbs and parking blocks and track stand on the flats.Trials riding has always intrigued me and I want to buy a specialized trials bike to work on my skills.What do you guys think is the best, that is to say strongest and least expensive, 20” mod bike to start on?Thanks, in advance, for your help with this question.

2. AndyT

AndyT New Member

Yeah if you can pick up a used 20" bike for cheap go for it, thats what I did to get into the sport and I haven't left yet... you want to make sure you really like it before you plow down serious cash for a bike :)

3. Elan

Elan steve french

4. nicholarse

nicholarse Guest

or maybe an onza t-pro

5. trialspads

trialspads TrialsPads.com

Don't know if Specialized makes trials bike...but if you want to test the water, why don't you get yourself like a dirtjumper if you're going to be doing non-trials also. That's how I started with my Specialized P1...works fairly decent...now I know why I need a trials frame :p

6. mikemad23

mikemad23 Guest

i have had good luck with used, or get an x alp. stay away from anything new under like 250, its tank and verita something you dont want

7. madbiker66

madbiker66 Jigga wot?

Would it be best to buy a cheap 26" so does'nt feel so different to the bikes you are already used to?
    A mod would be easier to learn the basics on, and most likely cheaper, but would feel strange in comparison to the bikes you're used to.