Them v brake adaptors...

Discussion in 'Observed Trials Discussion' started by Justin.L, May 2, 2004.

1. Justin.L

Justin.L Guest

I know this isnt my first time postin about this but did anyone make them yet? they were supposed to be out like february. :Wavey:

2. KenC

KenC Member

I think I pm'ed you before, but for everyone else: I did design some,and made some crude prototypes, but I had some problems with the production aspect. Basicly, I couldn't get a pair of the production ones before I placed the full order. I didn't really want to go ahead and spend several hundred dollars to have a full batch made without testing them before-hand. I refuse to sell anything with my name on it that I haven't tested. Also, at the time (march), the company I was dealing with would have had the adaptors out in mid june or so, and I just couldn't wait that long since I was waiting for my Cous at the time. I would still like to go ahead with the project, but I just don't have the materials or machinery to do it at the moment. The project got pushed to the back burner until I get some time and find someone to make a pair for me at a somewhat reasonable price for testing. Sorry for those of you who were hoping to get some - I was too. :(

3. Shipley

Shipley ..........

There's definitely some testing that needs to be done on designs.. I've done some rough estimates for a set that I wanted made and found that the design I had didn't really leave much room for pad adjustment on the sidewall of a DX32. I think if someone's really looking into a production design it will have to be pretty adjustable. A couple mounting holes for the canti bosses to allow adjustment maybe? I'm still looking into it. I was talking with Tanner about it recently but we haven't worked any details out yet. I'd still like to see some get made... if anything happens with it I'll post about em for sure.

4. Janson

Janson Guest

I'm still prototyping my design.... Going to update it a little bit more, and try it with a DX32 on my Crescent frame...

Might never make it into production, who knows.

EDIT: They're not the same design as my avatar. my avatar shows my first design.

5. KenC

KenC Member

I actually put my prototypes on Graham's levelboss with a tryall rear rim, and the brake arms were almost paralell. My only problem (along with the production thing) is that I would need an extra wide brake booster for them - which I would probably need to design myself.

6. bikemike

bikemike Guest

7. Justin.L

Justin.L Guest

yo mike...wanna make me a pair? :Wavey: cmon...ill give ya money... :bigthumb:

8. Bloodhound

Bloodhound Steffen L.T.

shit, make me a pair too!

9. average mike

average mike Guest

I would pay for a pair of that biznazz. Please?