THE ZOO PYTHON

Discussion in 'Observed Trials Discussion' started by austintrials, Aug 18, 2004.

1. austintrials

austintrials I'm a bitch

Has anyone riden the NEW zoo python MOD or know of anyone who has?

Hell for 525.00 (Frame only) is not that damn bad. that's from trialsin.

I have been looking at that damn bike frame forever,
    Im not going to give up the KOXX but my bother is still riding Monty xlite :barf:

thanks

2. average mike

average mike Guest

I took a spin on my buddys python for a second, its ride as good, if not better than my koxx lb mod. It stays on the backwheel friggin effortlessly, and it rides really nicely. I'd say the koxx mod, and the python are the two nicest mods right now.

3. Andreas

Andreas All About Trials

mike-xtp? i think mine definately rides a fair bit nicer than my friends lb (shorter chainstays, noticeably stiffer after you get used to xtp going back to the LB)

LB and Python are the most realistic options/best in terms of price though, xtp is pretty outrageous.

one thing i can say is that my xtp measures in at 1040, yet it's a claimed 1030. anyway, the python is 1045, so that's no difference (Meaning-don't take into consideration length, it's pretty much the same).

i believe the stays are longer on the Python (pretty drastic change from xtp to python, and not quite as much from lvl b to python)

i think either way you should be good to go. personally i would go koxx because I'm not a fan of Zoo! Looking at some of their weld jobs etc (SOME, not all. most are fine, some are kinda....., well, maybe i'm just stupid)

EDIT-mike, i saw your post on the lounge. i too have never seen another trialser on a different forum, but then again i have never been to many forums (spare hop hop snap being on pedalbmx.com)

4. average mike

average mike Guest

Haha oops i forgot about the xtp.