The weight lifting thread.

Discussion in 'The Gutter' started by NateE, May 27, 2015.

1. NateE

NateE wtflol

Like the one on TF, I thought this could get interesting....post up whatever weights (doesn't have to be in a gym...could be like strongman shit, etc) or routines you have/do.

---

Back in April, it was the first time I've shot myself lifting....it was to check my form. I'm 6'0" 178 lbs. 315 lbs deadlift (45 lb bar.) Not a PR but somewhat heavy none the less. Didn't try to PR since my back was sore from previous day's full body routine and this was the END of today's back workout. I've gotten up 405 lbs (4 plates on each side) 3 times in one set, so I have no idea what my 1RM is.

This was the 3rd time in a row within a minute I lifted it. The first time the camera didn't record it, the 2nd time it was waaaay out of focus, and the 3rd time I was lucky cause some unknown number called at the end of the lift (that's why it doesn't show me putting it down.) I quit while I was ahead lol. I also don't normally use straps but I'm recovering from lateral and medial epicondylitis in both arms (tennis elbow in my left and golfers in the right.)

I feel like I got rid of any/all sticky spots by really focusing on hip and thoracic spine mobility for the past couple of weeks. It's made a HUGE difference in the poundage I can lift by being at a more mechanical advantage.

Any tips or observations?

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWGGjU34NsY[/ame]

Last edited: May 27, 2015

2. NateE

NateE wtflol

Hah...yeah. I have to use straps because of the tennis elbow in one arm and golfers elbow in the other. If I don't I can't do many heavy pulling exercises. I mean I can, but at the expense of possibly injuring my tendons again...so I'll just use straps and take the "shame." Even pull-ups become a chore without em; not from failing grip, but pain in my forearms from the tendonitis.

3. Just breakin balls bro, i hear you. Upset my bicep tendonitis by fishing too much this last week or so :run: Fucking pathetic.

4. NateE

NateE wtflol

It sucks cause I can't even do preacher curls cause my elbow tendons feels like they're going to explode, but I can do standing curls and lateral curls with no pain...it's the weirdest shit that upsets em. It wasn't up until a couple weeks ago just carrying grocery bags would set them on fire....then all of a sudden it didn't hurt anymore, and then the curls did....as do other small movements....fucking pathetic.

5. Man i can't do any type of curl without pain, probably too much pulling already from hard climbing @ 200 lbs. Just did some german volume training - 10x10 supersets w/ dumbbell presses and skull crushers. Climbing tomorrow or I'd do another round.

6. shakes

shakes Member

Interesting what you say about your thoracic spine mobility. Just back at the gym after a very extended break. I'm positive that the deadlift is assisting my thoracic spine movement.

I've had big issues with that and hip flexor flexibility. As it loosens I can keep my shoulders in the correct position easier.

7. trials-online

trials-online still here

cool thread!

Some things i noticed about your deadlift vid:

your shins should be straight up and down throughout the movement. so when setting up for the lift push your knees back until your shins are as close to perpendicular with the floor as you can get. this will force your butt back and help maintain correct spinal curve in your low back throughout the lift.

Your knees and shins should remain almost stationary throughout the lift. deads should only be a hip hinge. if you watch your vid back you will notice that your lift is basically three movements instead of one. you straighten your legs, then bring the hips forward then get your torso straight. if you straighten your shins and get your butt back to start then all you have to focus on is maintaining straight back, bringing the hips forward and dragging the bar up your shins and thighs.

you also want to "take the slack out of your arms" before the lift if that makes sense.

this is not me , but this is correct form (except when he looks to the side during the lift, thats a bad idea haha ):

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xTb6aXLYkmw[/ame]

8. NateE

NateE wtflol

So...not to get homo and shit....but as a result of some shit transpiring I'm fairly proud of my results.....I've been hitting the gym pretty hard and dieting (sometimes unintentionally, lol). Here's the progress pics of just 3 weeks of time. The first comparo is what I looked like at end of May. 180-185 and fairly soft but STRONG. Basically what I looked like without a shirt on in that deadlift video. I looked the same up until all the shit went down 2-3 weeks ago and then I got super motivated to eat CLEAN and just take out all my frustrations in the gym. The second comparo pic is how I look as of yesterday...and showing I am working legs, lol. 6'0" 171 lbs and ~9% body fat. I'm BAAAACK. Fuck the haters.....and fuck the two people no longer in my life, I'm PHYSICALLY better without you in it.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2015
  9. :yum: nigga you look fantastic! Props for capitalizing on the negative energy bro..you're tore up from the floor up! If there was a pakistani version of fight club you could play tyler durden.

10. tda

tda tda

Major cringe if I saw that in a gym. Get rid of the pussy wraps, take plates off there and pay attention to your form. Shits going to be fucked for your back.

11. NateE

NateE wtflol

Yeah...my form has gotten a ton stronger since then. That was the first time I ever filmed. My ass starts a bit lower now too.

The straps aren't on for a lack of grip strength, they're on because even lifting 135# hurts my forearms from the tendinitis. Well, not hurt, but there's some mild discomfort that gets worse with use, whereas I can pick up 400 lbs and there be no discomfort.

12. tda

tda tda

Ah bummer... Your grip suffers heavily from using them. What good is picking up 400 pounds unless you can do it anytime with nothing but your skin n bones.

I just saw a jcvd interview where he says do 4 sets of 26 reps.. My #age went down heavily... 26 is a fuck load of reps. I started lifting again this year, already gaining too much bulkynessitude. Want to be thin and strong.

13. My sister in law DLs 400 raw w no straps... and she's 44 and 140 lbs :bowdown:

14. 7185

7185 Guest

How does her dick taste? :yum:

15. :rofl: like sweat usually :Sonic:
    [​IMG]

16. and dis hot pro climber bish DLs 225 with just her middle fingers :yum:
    [​IMG]

17. tda

tda tda

Not sure which of the two last pictures posted is more disgusting . Leaning toward the pierced horse face.

18. Bro you'd be all over it if she kept an organic garden and didn't shave her armpits

19. 7185

7185 Guest