The ultimate trials frame

Discussion in 'Observed Trials Discussion' started by David Lebrun, Feb 23, 2004.

1. David Lebrun

David Lebrun New Member

I'm asking you what should be the best frame design...If you were designer or if you could get a custom frame...
    What will it be looking like, what will be the geo, where you gonna put some gussets, what will be the wheels dimensions...

My ideal frame is gonna get the geo of a koxx levelboss short,1040wb,385mm chainstays, -5mm bb drop,same headtube angles.... with 24 wheels to get the best feeling...
    I want a seattube and the color should be black or red.

2. Elan

Elan steve french

sounds gay, my ideal trials frame is already made, and it begins with a capital fucking X.

3. Elan

Elan steve french

oh wait a minute, if i dont clear it up, i will get called a bad name.

depends on what you are doing. i like to think of myself as a UCI-style rider... so the XTP i think is the epitome of that flava...or the new desalvo if you are of a V-persuasion.

if you like urban or whatever, and you like seats... i guess its just a matter of your style of riding.

one more fucking thing, the "coustellier" or wtfever is supposed to be nice too... :rofl:

4. David Lebrun

David Lebrun New Member

It dont sounds gay...
    I got an XTP short..it ride like a dream but I do a little bit of urban, iwant a seat and 24 wheels on it...

5. Elan

Elan steve french

go for it...

6. dingus

dingus New Member

I wish 24" wheels could be given more consideration.
    I know a few people have built their own or had it done custom just because, and of course the Ed Tongue thing but I dont see it going mainstream.

Why not, rules I guess. Like 6 gears, who needs that many?

Mod+XTP= funky 24", long wb, UCI style superbike. Or a total mess, I dont know but Id like to try it.

Elan, look at that Cous, how could you want an XTP over that? :slap:

7. Bloodhound

Bloodhound Steffen L.T.

Alright, here is the best realistic ride ever!

1085 WB, 380mm CS, 72 deg HA, +5mm BB, 73mm BB shell
    Ultra burly disc mounts for hardcore rear disc use
    26" wheels, ultra low standover height (like the cous), no seat, no need for brake booster at all!
    Special crossover protector so you can actually sit for a little rest
    Super duper integrated headset - completely rebuildable and replacable
    Super duper integrated BB, completely rebuildable with easily replacable spindle (different types & sizes)
    All-in-all 5.0 pounds with CNC'd BB/Chainstay yoke, seatstay yoke, headtube, dropouts.
    Not sure about the material, but probably some really fancy steel varient...
    A faded metallic blue color, $300 so we can all aford one :bigthumb:

now that I've said it, sounds a lot like a cross between the long XTP and a Pitbull. I think the only thing unrealistic about it is the Price, but the rest can be done with the right material!

I'm still trying to think of some crazy brake system that would rock every trials riders world! but until then 4-bolt maggie mounts will do.

I think thats it, what do you think?

8. Elan

Elan steve french

Ultra burly disc mounts for hardcore rear disc use- gay

Super duper integrated headset - why? what is wrong with a king?
    Super duper integrated BB- sounds like a lot of weight and a higher retail.

... fancy steel varient... - i like aluminum just fine.
    $300 - yea fucking right.

can be done with the right material- legos?

but until then 4-bolt maggie mounts will do. - whats wrong with maguras as of now?

I think thats it, what do you think? - i think its stupid

9. Cole

Cole New Member

10. Elan

Elan steve french

1100... hoo-ahh

the perfect bike?

giacomos bike looks damn close. [/img]

11. AndyT

AndyT New Member

you're all gay. get a frame that you can ride, and ride it- we'll all end up in the ground just the same.

12. Bloodhound

Bloodhound Steffen L.T.

whats wrong with you guys, its not normal shitty integrated, super duper high end and everything is completely rebuildable and replacable, why not!?

13. AndyT

AndyT New Member

No such thing as a good integrated, unless your head tube is made out of diamond.

14. Elan

Elan steve french

$

oh yes, as andrew said. just ride your gay, seatless bikes. it doesnt really matter. i am about to buy a coustellier or an XTP, and i fucking suck. i should probably deserve to have my ass kicked when i get one also.

ok, i have to edit this, so i dont get Gayitis. i am not getting anything for at least 4 months, and i doubt it will cost over $600 when i do. but the point is still valid.

15. OTAdmin

OTAdmin Got more product than Ron Popeil Staff Member

WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY

With that being said, WHY in the HELL would you want anything integrated? If you break that one thing you have to replace the entire frame. Don't say "but it's all rebuildable", because the fact of the matter is that those integrated parts are held there by the frame, and if you put too much force on those parts sitting in the frame you're going to screw up the frame that holds them in place. If you "oblong" out the headtube with those integrated parts, those replaceable parts won't even fix the problem. If you take the stress and put it on a headset that doesn't sit inside the headtube, if you overstress this headset you just replace the $15 headset, not the entire frame. Of course, you could spend $100 and get a king and never worry about it again. I don't see the "advantages" of integrated anything coming anywhere close to outweighing the disadvantages. If people keep asking for integrated shit, shit companies will keep giving it to us. Thanks Megamo!

Bill

16. Elan

Elan steve french

a-fucking-greed

17. Fast Fashion

Fast Fashion Youth in Asia?

best trials frame = a porsche GT3 and Elizabeth Hurley so i would never ride bikes again

18. bigd

bigd I Have a

integrated = the devil, like that foosball dem boys play

19. Gardenfan

Gardenfan New Member

Megamo is an internal headset, not integrated. Pretty big difference. Integrated is only seen on XC and road bikes that I have seen so far. Integrated is crap I agree, nothing wrong with internal though.

20. OTAdmin

OTAdmin Got more product than Ron Popeil Staff Member

You're right gardenfan, i guess in my moment of furious typing I forgot.