Observed Trials banner
41 - 60 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
749 Posts
I sold this Ibis during the pandemic, not because I had to, it was just time. I sold it to one of Hemingway's relatives and with the proceeds I put race brakes, new wheels and tires on my GTI and bought my current Crewkerz Guilty. I kinda miss it, but I never rode it so whatever.
Bicycle Wheel Tire Bicycles--Equipment and supplies Crankset

·
From your head to your fists
4,313 Posts
Sick! Definitely a bike that you ride a few times, then appreciate it by hanging it on the wall in your garage in a prominent location for a few years, then pass it on so someone can get their money's worth by doing the exact same thing.

What's its history? I didn't know that it had a disc mount but that looks very factory-finish.

·
tda
1,698 Posts
I sold this Ibis during the pandemic, not because I had to, it was just time. I sold it to one of Hemingway's relatives and with the proceeds I put race brakes, new wheels and tires on my GTI and bought my current Crewkerz Guilty. I kinda miss it, but I never rode it so whatever. View attachment 42222

total drool...

anyone know whats up w this bike? i dig the two tiny tubes
Bicycle Wheel Tire Bicycles--Equipment and supplies Bicycle frame

·
Registered
749 Posts
What's its history? I didn't know that it had a disc mount but that looks very factory-finish.
It was a 1998 frame that was in a shop in Brooklyn until 2005; that's when I bought it new, first owner. It went through several builds over the years and you're correct, it was V brake only from the factory. In 2009 I sent it to Casstellano to be refurbished and disc tabs added (I had raced it extensively until 2009). '09 was my first child and when I picked up trials so the BowTi never really had a chance after that. Having ridden what's available now, I don't miss it. I miss the weight, but that's about it.

·
tda
1,698 Posts
1952 armstrong

Bicycle Wheel Tire Bicycle wheel Crankset

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Crankset Motor vehicle

Bicycle Tire Wheel Land vehicle Bicycle wheel

sold the beautifully worn brooks on that for a pretty los angeles yuppie penny. Frame too small for me, cottered cranks very cool and very bent.

excited for the touring bars on mtb feels..

Wheel Bicycle Tire Land vehicle Bicycles--Equipment and supplies

my spare forks, echo urban... hobo lyfff
Tire Bicycle tire Bicycle frame Crankset Automotive tire

wrappin /shellackin time for spring farm road ridings
Bicycle Wheel Tire Bicycle frame Bicycle tire

catacombs
Wood Building Gas Brickwork Automotive tire

·
Premium Member
Sinister WTF
97 Posts
Never a bad time to share bike pics...

2017 Orbea Rallon, my everything/college race rig. Enjoy a nice mud pic post-downhill run at Bolton Valley in VT.
Bicycle Wheel Tire Bicycles--Equipment and supplies Plant

1996 (I think) Trek 820, my father bought it brand new and it sat in storage for years. Turned it into a "gravel bike" on the cheap. Recently got a new to me brooks saddle.
Bicycle Wheel Tire Bicycle wheel Bicycles--Equipment and supplies

We all know what this one is... ;)
Bicycle Tire Wheel Bicycles--Equipment and supplies Bicycle wheel

·
From your head to your fists
4,313 Posts
How's the Mezzer? I loved how the mattoc rode, spring and damper were perfection but two of them fell apart in a couple weeks. The mezzer looks sufficiently burly though.

It was a 1998 frame that was in a shop in Brooklyn until 2005; that's when I bought it new, first owner. It went through several builds over the years and you're correct, it was V brake only from the factory. In 2009 I sent it to Casstellano to be refurbished and disc tabs added (I had raced it extensively until 2009).
Oh that's awesome. Amazed that there was still a new one.

·
Premium Member
Sinister WTF
97 Posts
How's the Mezzer? I loved how the mattoc rode, spring and damper were perfection but two of them fell apart in a couple weeks. The mezzer looks sufficiently burly though.
The mezzer is great actually! This one is the expert. I believe they fixed a lot of issues they had in the past this time around but it’s held up very well to a season of enduro/downhill racing, numerous bike park days, and a lot of trail riding. I’m very pleased with it, especially going from a Fox 34 to this with 37mm stanchions. My only complaint is one many have, the mud guard is a wee bit floppy.. but it serves its purpose mostly. Might try to find a different one eventually.

41 - 60 of 92 Posts