The simple truth

Discussion in 'Observed Trials Discussion' started by jimmybikes, Jun 16, 2004.

1. jimmybikes

jimmybikes New Member

Another pro trials rider (mike) attacked by a pack of wild dogs!!!

Powerful people with money read these forms, such as, sponsors, agents, and promoters.

Attack the pros and newbies threads don't make a positive impression on these guys.

You are free to say what ever you like on this site, and biketrials.com.

And these people are free to spend their time and money on sports that promote their personal values.

I am tired of trying to defend your comments to some of these people!

Some folks get a huge joy out of using their freedom to ruin things for others, I am sick of it!

Jim VanSchoonhoven

2. Blackstick

Blackstick Well-Known Member

I'm not quite sure I understand this post. Could you possibly elaborate just a little bit so I understand it.

Thanks mate.

3. Andreas

Andreas All About Trials

I believe he's refering to all of the shit talking that goes on around these forums. People don't realize that companies are out here looking at what direction the sport is headed? I suppose Webcyclery could be an example. They sponsor this site. If they see this place is headed nowhere and fast, then they may not contribute. Without their contributions, we may no longer have an OTN. Without OTN, there's not really much else. Trials will start coming to a halt blah blah blah
    It's important schtuff, he's asking people to be respectful on the boards if you want the outlook of trials to be :bigthumb: good.

4. Rob.K

Rob.K Guest

Ya a clarification would be nice!!!

Cause right now Jimmy sounds like he has gone over the deep end!!

edit: thanks for the clarification I guess you posted right when I was!!!!

Last edited: Jun 16, 2004
  5. Blackstick

Blackstick Well-Known Member

Ok I just read afrobots post, and I think I'm starting to understand.

I would agree that we could all be a little friendlier but unfortunately, this is the internet where no-one has to face consequences from things they say.

But meh, :dunno: what're ya gonna do?

6. jimmybikes

jimmybikes New Member

The first line was an attempt at humor to point out what we are doing to each other!

The other lines are saying what Andreas, said!

Only I am talking about much bigger companies with a lot more money to spend.

How can get these companies to support you guys, when they read all these personal attacks on everyone. I am talking about the latest thread attacking Mike, it is just one in a long line of threads, without a purpose except to do harm. Not to mention how many times a newbie asks a stupid question and gets drilled for it!

Hey, the honest truth is, Jeremy's agent doesn't want to work with more trials riders because of this kind of crap! So, some one is losing money, because they could be doing the jobs that Jeremy doesn't do, but instead no one gets to do them!

Jim VanSchoonhoven

7. hydroboy

hydroboy "Jak se mas"

where can i find this thread? sounds fun.

8. AndyT

AndyT New Member

Oh shit!!! that other pro rider won't get to ride in the new christian i Love christ festival !!!! :wtc: :wtc:

9. Rob.K

Rob.K Guest

I think If a were some big sponsor(which will be never) I wouldn't take what goes on in a bike forum too seriously. Once again Jimmy it's the internet so anyone who takes it like it actually means something has got problems.
    Basically don't get your large silky panties tied in a knot because of what people say on the internet!!

10. JK

JK New Member

Maybe you should go complain about it over at bt.com.

11. OTAdmin

OTAdmin Administrator Staff Member

I can't say I completely disagree with Jimmy, but some people are just pricks; maybe it would be better if the sponsors knew the true nature and attitude of the people they were sponsoring? I'm not talking about Mike or anyone in particular, I've never even met him or heard anything negative about him until the past few days.

Rob, why shouldn't we take the internet at least a little bit seriously? We are representative of at least a small portion of biketrials, and some of us have a lot of time and money invested in the online portion of the sport (and I don't just mean me). This is why (especially as of late) I'm getting a bit tired of the complete bullshit that some users are spreading.

JK, I'm curious why he should take his complaint elsewhere?

12. Rob.K

Rob.K Guest

Maybe I should clarify more what I meant. I mean don't take the bullshit seriously!!! It is obviouse when someone is just being an ass and when they are seriouse.

I never said to ignore all, there's just no point in reading between the lines of a stupid post.

13. B1105

B1105 New Member

I take what Jim has said seriously not because hes just the father of a pro but he has told me this numerous times through emails and such. Im not saying that these silly posts about being drunk and stuff should be stopped or something, as I appreciate them, but like Jim said, there is so much criticism of pro riders and such. I don't see why people critisize them or anything, do people honestly gain something from it?

14. JK

JK New Member

I think he should go complain over at bt.com because that's where the threads he was complaining about originated from. "Dennis" slamming Jeremy, which happened over at Meader's site. The "Lenosky thread", which also happened over there. I don't know why he now has to come on here and have this "come on kids, get it together, you're ruining it for everybody!" attitude when all we do over here is talk about bike trials and share ideas.

It's not to say he doesn't have a right to come over here and complain about bt.com. Everyone knows that bt.com is a bad forum. By all means, he should come on here and talk about it, not direct his coments at the users of this forum.

edit:

Ok my mistake, just found out the thread came from here. Jimmy is right, it's really not called for. It's just that I tend to associate bt.com with most of the negative activity that goes on. I guess I am a bit defensive about people slamming this forum.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2004
  15. biketrials25

biketrials25 New Member

We, Durgen Designs, sponsored Mike and he left us hanging with about a 2K loss.... That is why I warn other sponsors about him and overall have a very bad opinion of him! I don’t care how good of a rider he is now… I think respect and ethics are more important….

16. thetart20

thetart20 TartyBikes

17. B1105

B1105 New Member

I think steadiely or whatever, theres a thread about him somewhere

18. B1105

B1105 New Member

biketrials 25, just curious, what did that 2k loss consist of?

19. thetart20

thetart20 TartyBikes

Aahh, ok, cheers :)

20. biketrials25

biketrials25 New Member