The problems i have.. they never end.. HELP!

Discussion in 'Observed Trials Discussion' started by Spacemunkee, Mar 28, 2004.

1. Spacemunkee

Spacemunkee Guest

:ugh: where to start.. ok ive been riding for a year and a month heres some basic stats on what i can do (note not all included and no im not showing off or anything or whatever before ppl say)

static up about.. 26ish inches.. maybe a lil more ( allows me to do rails and all that stuff )
    backwheel (about 30 on a very good day.. done it about 6 times)
    bash about hm.. 40? if thats realistic im tryin to work it out in my head..
    two wheel.. about 20

drops and all the other basic things turning etc etc are perfect.. ive only put up the moves that are causing me problems. Im not worried about they heights im worried about my technique.

Problem 1: See i started off on a t rex and cos it was so short its kind of given me bad habits since ive moved on to my zoo boa. I.e. i can no longer bash i sort of do a front hook stylie move where i land on my front pedal/crank arm then throw it all up to get to two wheels on a wall. Does anyone know what i should try and do? im thinking ive got to re learn on small walls.. because i cant just go straight to bash and balance i always have to use the momentum to get up its a twistid circle really..

Problem 2: Two wheeling.. i cant for toffee. I can do it on really small stuff but like 20 inches plus.. i dont throw my arms out and get the back wheel high enough i end up clipping the wall with my back wheel n just fall off. Ill try and get some vids up one of the days to show u all any one got any ideas on this too? its pissin me off to be honest.. sorry for the language.. ive just had a idea actually.. i can bunnyhop staticquite well by doin a lil endo then pullin up and doin all that ( i dont have to so dont think im a begginner or anything its just u can get shed loads more height that way like in the No mood for riding vid! ) you think i should try doing them without the lil endo? get em used to liftin front again.

finally: Backwheeling: ive got 30 inches a few times.. but its been really random ive just gone up to the wall and done it .. then id come back a few days later and not even get close.. just end up slipping back and stuff. But i remember the feeling i had when i got the wall last time.. it felt like i was really throwin the bars out and all that.. but when i try to redo it like that its totally off. Also to clear up something else.. when you go to back wheel a wall.. do you do a full revolution of your cranks e.g. good foot forward to start and end up good foot. or do you do bad foot at 12 o clock then pedal through to your good foot? because i keep switching between both and dont know which is really the best to use.

Sorry in advance for the huge essay its just.. i feel so disheartened with all of this.. especially since i can sidehop higher than i can backwheel... :ugh2: also.. i love this damn forum.. its civalised and un trials forumish

2. Justr1ght

Justr1ght Guest

funny enuf I can actuly anwser the last one...
    lol
    because I read about it the other day...
    It depends on how high U are going... And what U feel good with...
    Eric

3. Coramoor

Coramoor New Member

Well. I think I can make on suggestion. Now that you've gotten a longer bike and all that. It's time to learn proper up to backwheel techniques. i.e. Learn to do touch-hops. It's a bitch to learn. I've just started to get it. But it really does help. I went from 25" to about 34" really fast.

4. Spacemunkee

Spacemunkee Guest

ok ill try the touch hop thing.. anyone else got sum ideas? thanks for the posts already :)

5. ascentrek

ascentrek Original power yuppie

I'm a little more curious about the touch-hop thing. What is it again?

As for your skills... i think you're doing really well. I've been doing this consistantly for about a year now, and I don't think I'm where you are at. I don't measure anything, but you're prolly leaps beyond where I'm at.

6. Spacemunkee

Spacemunkee Guest

i dunno.. i kinda ride with really good riders so i tend to do stuff they do to try and keep up.. pulling it off every so often so it keeps me learning all the time. I havent been able to ride as much lately but i ride 2 days a week hard which seems like the right way forward from all these fitness topics etc. The touch hop is when you go to backwheel sumthing but just as you go to hop ure front wheel hits the wall n bounces you up. Its all timing ive tried it a few times.. always just end up landing on my bash and losing all my technique to backwheel

7. hydroboy

hydroboy "Jak se mas"

ups dont matter for shit

rollup and wheel switch is the way foward.

ups get important in elite or whatever the comparitive is over there (the one above sport)

8. Spacemunkee

Spacemunkee Guest

i can switch but i cant do it from a roll :(

9. hydroboy

hydroboy "Jak se mas"

high? on your bike you should be able to do about 2'10" easily enough, which is higher then many of the other ways you are explaining, once you max that out then move to ups.

to do rollign wheelswitch however make sure your weight is realy far foward when your front wheel rolls on. it realy helps.

10. Spacemunkee

Spacemunkee Guest

i can prolly do 26"+

11. Spacemunkee

Spacemunkee Guest

not wanting to drag up an old post but i learnt to two wheel about 35"+ i really cant be bothered in learning to backwheel stuff when i can just two wheel it easily enough anyway

12. echoteam13

echoteam13 Guest

prob 1: dont worry bout goin to bash. its way unsmoothe, looks and sounds like crap, and makes people yell at you, but if i were to bash it, i'd prefer to do it the way your doing it. you get the height of the bash, but alot more smoothe.

prob 2: bringing your bars to your hipsand leaning foreward followed by the bring-uppage of the rearwheel, and the landing on both wheels gets me my highest up (3'4") but for rear wheelin' im not the guy to talk to. i can onlt get 3' to rear.

finally: just remembering to put in a little extra body movement (especially the head) gives a bit of extra boost to any up.

i can sidehop higher than i can rear-wheel it aswell... kinda funny.

13. Bloodhound

Bloodhound Steffen L.T.

:blah: I dont believe its good to worry so much about how many inches you can up, better to ride more rocks and stuff, you could progress much faster. much faster.

14. oicdn

oicdn Guest

Bashing stuff sucks. Like when I do downtown rides with my BMX friends, they like to grind on pegs and bash grind.....they're good as hell, infact 2 are pro. But I still cringe each time they grind or bash....it makes people yell at your, and then they wonder why cops give BMXers, skater, and rollerbladers a hard time...cause they wax and grind up every ledge....

Stay away from bash....I could prolly up alot more things than I can now if I used my bash, but eh, I prefer to keep things (both my bike and terrain) neat, and prefer being clean....

Don't worry about ups. I ride 99% urban, and yeah, it sucks only being able to get up like 24-26 inches as most ledges, rails, etc are like bar height, but I'de rather have consistency and be clean, than have power and sloppiness....ups come with time, don't rush it....

15. Spacemunkee

Spacemunkee Guest

yea today i had a long long ride.. like 10 hours i think been concentrating on the timing of my backwheeling going good foot, bad foot, good foot, up i sometimes have a little pause between the first half crank but thats only because im too far away and it corrects it. Anyway yea ive been getting more consistent with it.. yea its only about 26+ inches but i just plain suck at backwheeling so i feel more happy with it.. the bike feels lighter n lighter the more my timing gets better so i can throw it higher.

Sidehopping is going amazingly well nowadays.. getting well over 30" every time yummy and i havent been bashing much either since i can two wheel near enough the same height

16. oicdn

oicdn Guest

10 hours????????? You have ANY idea how long that is? 10 hours, Tour de France riders don't ride for 10 hours, and they're at a hell of alot better at pacing themselves than we are and are BEAT after ONE 6 hour race....

17. Spacemunkee

Spacemunkee Guest

yes i have a GOOD idea how long 10 hours is i rode from 10 till 8 hence 10 hours. if you need energy drink powerade and eat gummy bears.. haribo starmix mmmm

18. oicdn

oicdn Guest

well Kudos to you being able to practice 10 straight hours...a feat most cannot do, not even pro riders...

19. Spacemunkee

Spacemunkee Guest

wow wow wow no one said straight.. there are breaks it isnt constant ride a bit 10 minute break ride some more 10 minute break film some stuff.. ride rocks ride street.. it keeps u fresh just changing it all up