the new cous... i mean the new onza t rex 2004

Discussion in 'Observed Trials Discussion' started by Spacemunkee, Jun 14, 2004.

1. KeepRollin

KeepRollin New Member

HAHAHAHAHAHAH

:rofl:

This is getting rediculous

2. hophopsnap

hophopsnap Well-Known Member

lol those stickers are gaudy. whats up with all these triple bars?

3. DangerousDave

DangerousDave Active Member

They copied zoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG I HATE THE COUS/ONZA THEY HAVE SUCH BAD ETHICS THEY COPIED ANOTHER COMPANYS FRAME DESIGN KILL THEM ALL DEAD GIVE THEM THE BROKEN FACE.

4. Rob.K

Rob.K Guest

Oh my god another copier!!!:rofl:

At least they could have painted it black or pink or anything but leave it crome like the other two frames that look just like it!!!

Jeeze people these days!!!!!!!

Now all we need is Norco to come out with their "coust" frame. hahahaha!!!!

this is the biggest joke!!!

5. umby

umby New Member

doesnt (did?) one of the Coust brothers ride mod for onza?

I wonder if that has anything at all to do with it....

-Mike U.

6. Spacemunkee

Spacemunkee Guest

yea its true i think gilles was riding for them he was going to do riding at the bike show in the uk and it all fell through and i think he left onza after that.. its still pretty sketchy as to what happened with it all... maybe a form of revenge for onza to copy?

7. hophopsnap

hophopsnap Well-Known Member

i hope echo never sinks to that level.

8. DangerousDave

companies should just start naming their frames coustellier. new for 2004 the Monty "Coustellier"

9. planetary1

planetary1 New Member

is that for real? this is getting stupid...so if you have a bike company that has previously made ugly, poorly designed, and poorly selling frames, at what point do you say, "right then, we're just going to blatently rip off the hottest bike out there because we have absolutely no creativity and constantly fail."
    Wouldn't they be better off just getting out of the biz? Well, that frame better not cost more than $300.00 or nobody will buy it.

10. Spacemunkee

Spacemunkee Guest

heh yea already happened echo own zoo .. hence the whole back end of a boa looks like the back end of pure. zoo was set up to make budget parts which makes echo look good..

11. Spacemunkee

Spacemunkee Guest

oh forgot to mention.. its not the first time.. im not slagging onza off i started on a t rex.. but.. their last frame.. the t pro i beleive was actually a re sprayed koxx. but they have bought out some nice ones.. the t bone, t comp and their woodstock is coming out soon

12. Sonic

Sonic Plaid, I have not gone.

I think this general design is now a step in the evolution in frames, it's more than just one designers idea, it's the way trials bikes will be built for a while, because it's not only in demand, but the geometry has it's advantages. Be prepared to see others create very similar designs. Just my opinion, but what do I know, as usual.

13. afrobot

afrobot Aluminum is for recycling

At least they douched it up with an internal/disintegrated headset.

14. DangerousDave

Yea the cous seem to hook up with companies who will make bikes for them. and then once that company has the idea they peace out. And they copied ashton in the first place and then just put two more tubes. no one seems to bring that up though. hahaha

15. Spacemunkee

Spacemunkee Guest

tres true.. but im wondering why have two bars? what is this doing to the geometry isnt it just adding extra weight? i can see it making the back end stiffer just.. not anythign else really.

16. TRA

TRA this is very uninteresting

uhm .. sorry to let down on your "enjoyment" but uhm, onza is cooperating with the coustelliers , thats why its like that. Gilles is sponsored by onza, http://www.vttcoustellier.com/fr/index_fr.asp .

it aint a copy, its probably the coustelliers idea .

btw, the stickers or whatever it is are poo poo ugly tho .

And uhm st.blaise is not a copy of ashton .. its well thought out , just because ashton and st.blaise has similar tubes doesnt mean its a copy , the "mr. dad coustellier" is an professional designer and mechanic (he were professional many many years ago aswell) , he have not just "putted ashton tube on his bike"

Spacemunkee: two bar stuff is more for the BB flexibility , any flex in the bb and you loose power and accuracy ..

17. trialspads

trialspads TrialsPads.com

Hmm I'd rock it if it wasn't for the paint job. I wouldn't really care as to who made it as long as it does the job...

18. B1105

B1105 New Member

is there an english version of that page?

anyway, on the topic kinda of zoo/echo, are they both made in the same factory? i hope not

19. Coramoor

Coramoor New Member

Once upon a time. Some guy or company made the first ever double triangle design frame. At the time it stood out from the crowd as much as the coustellier design does today. But realising what an effective design it was other guys or companies began to copy the design. They might have been criticised(spelling?) for doing so back then but all that is forgotten now because it is pretty much the standard of all hardtail mountainbikes produced today. And up until today it has mostly been the standard for trials bikes too.
    But then Papa coust. sat down and thought. Hmmm. The standard double triangle design is getting old. And it isn't an ideal design for trials because it's not stiff enough at the BB section(and he probably had other reasons as well). So he sat down and designed the coust. And then the company named zoo! saw the bike and understood that it was a effective design(and of course a good way to make alot of money). So they copied the design. And now onza has jumped on the wagon. And so the story ends for now(because I can't see into the future).
    But I can guess...
    This design might be a fad that will be over in some years. But it might also be the new way trials bikes are made. And so when some years have passed and other brands have started making bikes with the same design. I'm sure noone will start whining every time someone makes a similar frame.
    Nobody disses Kona or specialized for making bikes with the standard double triangle design....