Observed Trials banner
41 - 60 of 93 Posts

·
wish i could pedal hop
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
My Prophet has old school XTR derailleur (the grey one) XT cassette and shifter set up 2x9. Best shifting setup of all my bikes. Crisp, precise, and durable. Plenty of range 12-34 cassette. That old school shit works the best. My new 12 speed XTgroup wishes it felt that good.

·
Premium Member
1,006 Posts
All my rides other than trials are 2x. I don't see the appeal for road at all.

I see the appeal for a dedicated XC bike I guess. I like having a wider range of gears though, especially for riding to trails. I don't get the point of "upgrading" to 1x.

I don't get people who bitch about front derailleurs. Idk, just never seemed like that much work to me.

·
tda
1,626 Posts
My Prophet has old school XTR derailleur (the grey one) XT cassette and shifter set up 2x9. Best shifting setup of all my bikes. Crisp, precise, and durable. Plenty of range 12-34 cassette. That old school shit works the best. My new 12 speed XTgroup wishes it felt that good.
I’ll take late 90s xtr over anything today , my thumb shifters are hobo as fuck... no indexing, they flop around. i have permabruises from them on my legs

Bicycle frame Bicycle tire Bicycle handlebar Bicycle fork Bicycle accessory

Bicycle Tire Wheel Bicycles--Equipment and supplies Bicycle wheel rim

Bicycle Land vehicle Tire Wheel Crankset

Bicycle Wheel Tire Bicycle handlebar Bicycle tire

·
Super Moderator
331 Posts
Fair enough. Truth is Im just not a good wrench and simple things are easier to work on. Did you know theres electronic shifting with a clutch now, for bicycles? im 15 years old and what is this

Recent thread on the only other forum I visit.. tech people talking about the pros and cons of the latest clippy footwear that costs more than my favorite bike. I ride in 10 year old sneakers that have been pulled out of a campfire a few times.

hobo style is the only style, new things suck, get off my lawn

·
wish i could pedal hop
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
I see that sweet Xtr brake lever on there
Brooks saddle!
More that one goat
You must be rich, that’s fancy people’s stuff

Lovely multi-purpose dui bike

·
wish i could pedal hop
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
You need two garbage bags full of cans to aid in pivot momentum.
Although they must be mounted low so as not to prevent foot jam whips.
got to cruise to dollar general on that sweet mama!

·
Premium Member
1,399 Posts
Lurking out here and poke in from time to time. Haven’t ridden much in the last few years. Getting the trials bug again though and building up a 24 street bike from our Austrian friends. Excited about that.

Andy - Your beard is good.

BenR - so sorry to hear about the cancer man. That’s horrible. Fuck cancer. Glad to hear recent prognosis is good though. You’re gonna kick its ass! You’ve got OTN cheering you on

·
Premium Member
12 Posts
I've been lurking around a bit too, although y'all mightve known me as Nuckfut (couldn't remember my old name for the life of me). Just picked up an Echo recently and carry it with me in the semi sometimes. Truck stops can be fun.

I used to ride around Madison, WI from time to time, may have ridden with you, Mikey? Would've been mid 2000s and I can't remember.

41 - 60 of 93 Posts