Observed Trials banner
1 - 20 of 108 Posts

·
wish i could pedal hop
570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
By God I miss OTN. I started riding trials back in 1997 and didn’t even know I was riding trials until two years later when a guy named Mike Melchior was riding on campus and enlightened me.

I lurked on OTN for years, Then actually joined in about 2007. Mainly used it to meet up with people to go ride places I was about to visit.

That is how I met the Dallas crew, met up with this cat in Jacksonville named Nate, rode with some fellows in Salida Colorado, and Josh from Albuquerque New Mexico.

I lived in Northwest Indiana, Eugene and Bend Oregon, Boulder Colorado , Oklahoma City, Shreveport Louisiana , Fayetteville Arkansas Chattanooga Tennessee now back to Arkansas. If it was worth riding I’ve been there.

OTN used to be so rude, I miss it. There was even a NSFW section. There was an initial crash in 2010 I think? And since then it has been in decline. It came back a little bit but it seems like everyone has drifted away. But I still loved it. Such as is the way with Trials.

I feel like there’s about a dozen people who are still here. I know you look from time to time. Andy T, Nate E and a couple other names I still recognize. I feel as though many are lurking.

I vow to post something on OTN once a day, let’s see if trials can make a resurgence.

So I say that if you’re still reading this stupid forum ,and I hope you’re not and have moved on to better things in your life, post something!

·
tda
1,698 Posts
Phat Boiiiiiz squaaaaad... its that big ass truck brah, get a 5.0 again ull skinny up... n stop those motorcycle drivings, machines make us fat.

I’m putting a og longer/low trialtech stem on my hex, aint pretending im gonna footjam anytime soon... rather be dead than footjam, the current youth riding don’t play the comp game... footjams off 8 foot high ledges but caint ride up a loose hill..

·
wish i could pedal hop
570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You say footjam quite a bit. If footjam is problematic, I suggest pissing on your feet in the shower.
whatever.
I hear you tonk
Build the Syntace. That thing is made of dreams.

good luck Ben
Kick some ass
What are you fighting?

·
Premium Member
1,014 Posts
Metastatic testicular cancer. I had one of the boys removed a few years ago, and the lingering cancerous cells migrated elsewhere. The prognosis is good; though, it absolutely sucks. Completely changes your perspective on everything. Chemo fucking sucks, and I've only just begun.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Interesting. I knew Mike as well.

I was out of trials more or less
By 2002 and didn’t know anyone riding for the past 20 some odd years.

joined the forum this year to see what’s up. Been riding Moto trials with a local club since 2014.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Metastatic testicular cancer. I had one of the boys removed a few years ago, and the lingering cancerous cells migrated elsewhere. The prognosis is good; though, it absolutely sucks. Completely changes your perspective on everything. Chemo fucking sucks, and I've only just begun.
Hope your recovery goes well. Ive
Never dealt with much other than broken bones and some resulting chronic pain so I camt
Imagine the mindfuck apsect
Of the diagnosis…good luck.

·
steve french
earf
9,755 Posts
Phat Boiiiiiz squaaaaad... its that big ass truck brah, get a 5.0 again ull skinny up... n stop those motorcycle drivings, machines make us fat.

I’m putting a og longer/low trialtech stem on my hex, aint pretending im gonna footjam anytime soon... rather be dead than footjam, the current youth riding don’t play the comp game... footjams off 8 foot high ledges but caint ride up a loose hill..

come ride moto, no fattys there, shits more intense than anything ive done, i just do do enough of it. im working on changing that though.

check out jack carthy's stem/bar combo, shit is whack

·
Blind Guy
789 Posts
I’ve been lurking on the forums lately after getting a new bike, been since 2007 for me.
It’s awesome to see so many people back on the forum. I’m still kicking around and riding but not posting on social media very often these days. It’s cool to see OTN coming back.

1 - 20 of 108 Posts