The Magura mix?

Discussion in 'Observed Trials Discussion' started by bwagner, Jul 15, 2004.

1. bwagner

bwagner New Member

Has nyone ever mixed levers and calipers in the Magura family before? I know there is a difference in the size of the master cylinder diameter, and that it might not be optimal for max performance, but will it work at all?? No theorhetical (sp?) answers please just answers from those of you who might have tried this before, or who know why it wouldn't work. I HATE the feeling of diffeent levers on my bike, and would like to try a front disc in the near future. i guess I could just wait for the newest maggies because the levers are pretty similar, but I'd just like to know if anyone has done this yet

2. WhiteRavenKS

WhiteRavenKS Well-Known Member

people used to put gustav levers up to marta calipers. supposedly an awesome mix. i never tried it because the avid mechanical is still the answer to every single disk brake question out there but i know what you are talking about has been done sucessfully.

3. Elan

Elan steve french

fyi: the only disc brake that could ever run a magura hs-33 lever is the julie, because it is a low-pressure system as well. and there isnt any diosc lever that could work with the hs-33 calipers. i think you are out of luck. just my theoretical guesstimate.

oh yea: the julie probably would never work because of piston size in the lever.

4. bwagner

bwagner New Member