The Kiddie Korner

Discussion in 'Observed Trials Discussion' started by OTAdmin, Jun 19, 2004.

1. OTAdmin

OTAdmin Administrator Staff Member

The Kiddie Korner is now in effect. I want to keep this post short so people will actually read it, so if you have any questions, please ask.

Any users consistently using txt talk, horrible grammar, horrible spelling, breaking forum rules, or being childish will be banished to the kiddie korner and only be allowed to post there. Redemption is possible, and redeemed users will be moved back into the rest of the world.

In order to make this system as democratic as possible I have implemented a user ranks system. You will be able to anonymously rank each user. Users with negative ranks will be considered for the Kiddie Korner, but that doesn't exempt users with positive ranks. Each case will be reviewed individually by myself and the moderators so we can prevent any cliques from swaying the vote.

If you see a great post by someone, please give it a positive review. If you see a poor post by someone, please give it a negative review. This system will work with or without your voting, but I value your input, so if you want to hold sway, your vote does count!

All registered users can not see who left the feedback. This is to prevent any retaliation. If you're leaving feedback, please say what you did or didn't like about their post. This will hopefully help some people understand what is and isn't acceptable here.

Now, to rank a users' post, click the button circled in red here:
    [​IMG]

To access your User Control Panel and see the most recent 30 ranks, click the button circled in red here:
    [​IMG]

Your feedback will be left as shown here, in the first page that comes up in your user control panel:
    [​IMG]
    The thread is clickable and will take you to your post that they rated, so you know what they did or didn't like. There is also the date and time the feedback was left, and the comment (which should be used for why they left feedback).

I hope you guys like this and I hope it keeps things here more enjoyable. If you have any questions or concerns, please post them here or PM me.​

1 person likes this.
  2. hophopsnap

hophopsnap Well-Known Member

why do i have a green dot? what does it mean? its next to the critizize me button. :dunno:

3. Andreas

Andreas All About Trials

Move your cursor next to it, it means that you're currently online and browsing the forums.

4. hophopsnap

ok thanks, but when i click on it it doesnt do anything. is it because im on a mac?

5. Andreas

Andreas All About Trials

No, it's because it's letting you know that you are online. That's IT. Nothing else, you are online, bam. There is no more info. Besides, you being on Mac shouldn't affect anything on these forums.

6. hophopsnap

if im on a mac i cant use the chat. and you said to move my courser next to it, i thought you meant it did soemthing.

7. OTAdmin

moving your cursor over it would just display the alt information for the image. it would pop up a little yellow (color dependent upon browser) box that says hophopsnap is online now. Macs can use the chat, you just have to have java.

Now quit postwhoring.

1 person likes this.
  8. Rob.K

Rob.K Guest

Bill - you make a lot of helpfull posts on here, I mean you should you are the admin, but do you want us to give you positive reviews as well??

Kind of a gay Q but I just wnted to know if you want us to treat you the same way??

Good job Bill!!!

Last edited: Jun 20, 2004
  9. Rob.K

Rob.K Guest

Oh another Q?? How do you know who is actually in the Kiddie corner or is actually a member there??

10. Elan

Elan steve french

theri user level is "playpen ben", everybody else will keep their user level based on post count. for instance, rob k. you are a platinum member

1 person likes this.
  11. Rob.K

Rob.K Guest

thanks Elan..:D

12. ascentrek

ascentrek Original power yuppie

cool. Thanks matt.

13. OTAdmin

Well, anyone can rate me. I don't care either way, but everyone should hopefully be rating each other honestly, so if we can stick to that principle this will be a great system. Otherwise it will take me a lot longer to read the feedback for a user with low feedback, only to find out it was just someone being a prick.

In either case, I won't be putting myself in the kiddie korner ;).

Bill

14. hydroboy

hydroboy "Jak se mas"

I dont know where to post this. Its going here.

In my opinion, a discussion forum is not meant to be a list of "threads" or topics where every single post relates exactly and precicsly to the subject listed. It is meant to be a place where subjects related to a subject are discussed. If it goes off on small tangents, i cant see a problem with it. Sure if we are talking about cuts in your eyeball and someone brings in condoms then that is a huge tangent and really a stupid post. However after reading both my negatively rated posts i cant see what the issue is.

https://www.observedtrials.net/vb/showthread.php?p=63119

It was regaurding my comment that someone made me a larger vp cage for my 18th which directly relates to the post above about pedal sizes and also relates to the initial topic. Personaly the last thing i like on a forum is seeing 7 topics about in essence the same thing. aka www.trials-forum.co.uk

15. oicdn

oicdn Guest

^^^ Great points.....

16. hydroboy

hydroboy "Jak se mas"

At the same time i dont know what the solution is. Maybe ill just ignore my ratings, every one is going to have thier own opinon on what the forum should be, and now every one has the right to voice that. Maybe thats best.

17. Rob.K

Rob.K Guest

Ya man ignore your rating, cause it's like trying to listen to what people say about you when your not listening.

I got some picky shit from people that appear to be just looking to get others in trouble. Fuck you bastards that go around this site looking to give people bad ratings.

I gave three ratings so far and not one bad!!!! I'm not special for doing this I am just looking to compliment people over saying that they didn't spell "unaware" right!!:mad:

The way bad rating should work is if your just grazing through the forum and then in the middle of nowhere there is some crap post with TXT talk or way off topic. It shouldn't be something you purposely look for.

BTW yes I have made a couple off topic posts which were rightfully judged but I have other shit in my CP that does not belong.

18. AndyT

AndyT New Member

I might be completely retarded right now, but how do I read what people have written?

I clicked the little measurement thing and it just said "you have 2 reputation points".

I feel english :hs:

1 person likes this.
  19. RomanR

RomanR DualDisc 26"

Andrew on the second big toolbar at the top of the page, click on where it says "User CP".

20. Andreas

Andreas All About Trials

Derf, I just gave somebody a positive ranking, but with a negative comment. Any way to fix this? oh well, Bill-Do you look over the comments incase of mistakes like these?