Texas A&M Trial Video

Discussion in 'Your Bike Trials Media' started by CoppellStereo, May 9, 2004.

1. CoppellStereo

CoppellStereo Ruff Rider

I just made this video of a few friends and I doing some trials. Yes we are beginners. Let meme know what you think.

I (Steven) have been riding about 7 months, and it sucks pedal kicking with a near 2:1 ratio.
    Stu has been riding for a year
    Tom has been riding for half a year
    Jeff has been riding 2 years i think.
    Nathaniel (when the video was taken) has been riding for 5 days.

http://people.tamu.edu/~sww6767/movies/bike3.wmv

2. hgh

hgh Guest

5 days...
    I wanna burn my bike and become a farmer...

3. trialspads

trialspads TrialsPads.com

Cool! That last part zooming in on that guy flying forward was hilarious :bigthumb:

4. CoppellStereo

CoppellStereo Ruff Rider

hehe, thanks! :bigthumb:

5. oicdn

oicdn Guest

Pretty neato vid IMO.... :bigthumb: For riding only a couple months...yousure do have front wheel stuff down...I want front wheel stuff....

6. Ryden

Ryden Guest

Yeah, I have to say much better than the last vid I saw from you guys, gettin into the pedal kicks..nice. Front wheel moves were inventive too.

7. CoppellStereo

CoppellStereo Ruff Rider

thanks for the input :bigthumb: it is much appreciated. we are getting better everytime we ride, so the next vid will be even better... i hope :rofl:

8. Sonic

Sonic Plaid, I have not gone.

That's cool how you have a group down there to work together on, mostly all at the same level. I have to come down there. Guess in the Fall, right?

9. Cryo-Cube

Cryo-Cube -----------

I dont want to be rude but... wtf is wrong with you guys? You´re falling on your asses all the time. You have to learn how to get off the bike without falling on your asses.

Also, you guys should concentrate on the basics (balance/bwh/trackstanding) befor you even try to do "cool" moves. It looks like they just skipped the basics and went for pedal-kicks gaps n stuff. But without the basics your moves will look like crap.

I suggest you to trackstand/bhw on one spot(manhole cover) as long as you can for some minutes befor you start the real riding(sort of a warm up), it really helps alot.

One last thing. Stop riding around and using run-ups for your moves. If possible dont use runups (or rolling into the move) at all.
    If you have to use run-ups do it without rollin to the object. Ride to the object you want to (gap, pedal up n stuff) as close as you can, but far enough so that you have the needed run-up, then trackstand in front of it and then do the (gap, pedal up ...)
    This helped my balance & moves alot. Not only does it help your balance and technique, you´ll lern how to position your pedals for a certain amount of run-up + you´ll need less and less run-up and space thus making you a better rider.

Trust me it will pay off in no time.

10. CoppellStereo

CoppellStereo Ruff Rider

thanks for the advice! I will try to do that next time, the man reason i do run-ups is because im in about a 2:1 ratio. and it is extremly hard to do static moves like that, but I will work on the trackstand some more. do you think it will help to trand stand on an uneven surface, like maybe have one wheel up on something?

11. Cryo-Cube

Cryo-Cube -----------

Dude, try to pratice trackstands on natural stuff, even grass will help you improve faster then trackstanding on urban concrete. It will be damn hard and frustrating at first but after 1-2 months trackstanding on flat urban stuff will feel dead easy.

It doenst even has to be extreme natural. Everything a bit bumpy and uneven will force your body to lern it better.

12. oicdn

oicdn Guest

I find it easier to trackstand on grass.....your front tire kinda settles and help keep your balance...

But I can't pedal up stuff for shit.....I have to either do a diagonal Pedal Kick, or straight on pedal kick....it really sucks, but eh...."UCI" with no run up... :rolleyes: :rofl: