Test drove an Audi A6 3.0....

Discussion in 'The Gutter' started by oicdn, Oct 9, 2004.

1. oicdn

oicdn Guest

All I can say is WOW. Salesman really dogged it before he gave me a chance to pilot it. Took some turns at 80-100 that I would have to think about on my R6. Some of the roads had those patches, so they had some bumps in the turns too...SIIIICK. He also took an exit ramp, a rather sharp one at that at 80MPH and the tires were just starting to squeel.

He let me pilot it and told me to take a 90 degree turn at 45mph....cake :eek3danc: The quattro on that is SOOOO MUCH better than any AWD system ever, smart steering and eats up Subaru's and just DEMOLISHES the R32 drivetrain.

50K miles and still has factory warranty till 100K or 2 years. 3.9% and 0 down. $25.5K OTD.... Full Size spare, 9 speaker stereo, 6 disc in dash/cassette, side dual front and curtain airbags....insurance might be cheap too....

What do you think?????

2. digby

digby New Member

Ive read that the audi awd computer is setup to be as lawyer friendly as possible. meaning that it understeers like a bitch all the time. Now this was a generalization for all audis, so if you drove an a6 and liked how it handled. I would say go for it.

I test drove an brand new audi tt when I was bored one day, i was scared the whole time I'd crash it and have to pay for it. the last thing I would do is take 90 degree turns at 45.

having said that my subaru wrx takes 90 degree corners at near 60mph..

3. Chris

Chris Well-Known Member

I guess I could never afford such a car. Maybe I could buy the car, but all the taxes, insurance, fuel and stuff will just kill me. I think I'm forced to leave it in the garage then and just watch it because I can't afford to actually use the car

4. Cryo-Cube

Cryo-Cube -----------

@oicdn
    so what its a cool car...with that price tag it should be

5. AndyT

AndyT New Member

:rofl:

are you kidding me? It is not a fast car. I'm sad that you didn't realize (after I posted) that the R32 is a huge piece of shit with the worst 4wd system ever. Quattro > * , subaru is catching up though. And yes, cars can go through bumpy roads without a problem unlike bikes.

6. Cryo-Cube

Cryo-Cube -----------

its fast enough for american roads

7. Elan

Elan steve french

i am seriously looking at a 1.8T a4... audis have huge attraction factor. a6 is a big car though. i would prefer a sportier trim. subaru wrx is a very vey close second place.

8. chaloux

chaloux Party all the time.

The other good thing about Audi's is that you can modify them a lot and fairly easily.

9. mikeschiavone

mikeschiavone Active Member

there are 2 mercedes e55's around here. after seeing those, i cant even think about other cars.

im waiting to see the A3 though

10. AndyT

AndyT New Member

:ugh:

11. hophopsnap

hophopsnap Well-Known Member

lancer evo? Those look pretty wicked, dono how they drive since the biggest Ive driven had 4 horsepower...

12. Fast Fashion

Fast Fashion Youth in Asia?

A 3.0 A6 fast? umm... that's so gay i can't even think of anything to say to it. i'm speechless.

13. Fast Fashion

i think you're a dumbass. the subaru system is almost identical if not identical. the only difference being the audi system is heavier and thus stronger. Audi's steering is TERRIBLE. drive a BMW and see if you still like the audi steering.

basically it sounds like this is the first AWD car you have ever driven. the novelty wears off after a while and then it gets agrivating.

this is the gayest thread i have ever read.

14. Fast Fashion

the audi TT uses a VW haldex awd system. it's a POS. All other models with real quattro are a 50/50 tourque split until something slips, the exact same as Subaru.

15. Fast Fashion

the 1.8t only. all other engines are expensive and a PITA to mod(the 2.7t can be modded easily but it likes do do stupid things that cost a lot of money). so basically no. you are wrong.

16. Fast Fashion

don't be gay ok?

17. Fast Fashion

heavy fag mobile? yes.

18. Fast Fashion

A3's are VW golfs that cost more. good luck with that. maybe you can get one in flaming yellow.

19. Fast Fashion

they are cool. congratulations i didn't make fun of you.