Tensile Cranks

Discussion in 'Observed Trials Discussion' started by pav, Oct 6, 2004.

1. pav

pav New Member

Hey Guys,

A mate is getting some of these into Australia and I am wondering how they are, I like the idea of 18t cog since im a UCI rider and I dont want the weight of my 22th bashring, not to mention the size of it. I may get some, main worries are if they are stiff and warranty. Also heard about the steel pedal inserts losing their caps or something?

Just wondering what everyone thinks of them, whether or not they are good, just whatever you know about them really!

Thanks

pav

2. willapaj

willapaj New Member

never tried them or seen them in person...

but the coustelliers use them. :bigthumb:

3. RomanR

RomanR DualDisc 26"

A ton of british riders use them, and praise them over Middleburns. From what I've read, they are very very stiff cranks, with no strength or quality issues. I haven't heard about this pedal insert problem though, maybe you should make a topic on trials-forum, where all the riders with Tensiles are and ask them what the deal is.

4. hydroboy

hydroboy "Jak se mas"

i think you already have middleburns? Its not worth the money upgrading i dont think if you already have them. Middleburns are still light as even with that huge bash.

5. DAN.G

DAN.G Guest

im a british rider and i use tensiles they are good cranks although the bashring arent amazing and the caps off the re threader thingy come lose very often but apart from that they are sweet id rekomend them to mods more tho which dont require the bash