Tennesse Comp vid

Discussion in 'Your Bike Trials Media' started by Lagerhead, Jul 15, 2004.

1. Lagerhead

Lagerhead New Member

For your viewing pleasure I present, not one but two (yes ladies and gentlemen he said TWO) Poorly produced videos of the NATS comp in Tennesse July 10th.

The first video contains a fair mix of riders in warmups and actual competition.

http://videos.observedtrials.net/hosted/Tenn-Take1.mpg

This video was made right after I got home from TN (9 hr drive) and during a sixer of Molsen Canadian ass water. And it shows. I took a copy of it to work the next day and showed all my friends. While none of them actually used the word "suck", I'm sure a few of you will. Don't worry, I think it sucks,

So in light of that, I returned to the editing room, reselected all of the useable clips, rolled up my sleeves and clicked on the "Smart Movie" button.

http://videos.observedtrials.net/hosted/TENN-DJDJ.mpg ....is what happens

when you let the software do all of the decision making. (I did pick the song)

I hope you all enjoy and I encourage comments.

Lagerhead.

2. WhiteRavenKS

WhiteRavenKS Well-Known Member

i thought the first one you made was ten times better than whatever your software crapped out. though the music was "uncoventional" at least i didnt have to mute it like the second vid. plus there wasnt that shot of andy on the warmup rocks 3 or 4 times in the first one. movie software is stupid, anything you do on your own will always be better than something some software poops out.

looked like an amazing comp spot- thats for sure. i assume that was ryan at the end with that amazing sidehop to pedal on the spool?

3. AgrAde

AgrAde From your head to your fists

i wish i downloaded the first one instead of the second.

4. Lagerhead

Lagerhead New Member

Thanks guys,

Yeah, that sidehop to pedal was Ryan C. I saw him do that move perfectly out of the corner of my eye while I was filming someone else burping. (or something equally as impressive.) Luckly he kept doing it until I could get it on film.

The area is truly awesome for trials. The place is just littered with rocks, logs and trails.

I'll bet I couldn't ride 100 feet on that property without finding something cool to dab on.

Despite the fact that I couldn't find one picnic table, junk car or loading dock in the whole place. ;)

5. trialsbug

trialsbug New Member

I think I liked the first vid the best. I prefer to see longer clips of riders in a section ( especially me :) ) versus many short clips. I also liked the music in the first vid because it was different and went well with the southern theme.This video does not show just how slippery and scary some of the moves were, but that is typical. I see that you filmed Peter doing that nasty drop on the downhill section. I had not seen him do it from that angle, but it definitely looked much worse in real life. I also liked the shots of Peter riding helmetless. His big from makes him look like he is riding with a big fuzzy motorcyle helmet. :)

6. Lagerhead

Lagerhead New Member

Yeah, everything was scary-er in real life. If you listen close to the ambient audio when he does that drop, you can hear someone in the background congratulate him by saying "nice Peter!" heh-heh-heh:eek3danc:

7. RomanC

RomanC Well-Known Member

I guess from a trials perspective the first video is better. Although it seems like the second video has more riders in it. Good stuff anyway. Thanks for making the vids and releasing them so soon.

8. B1105

B1105 New Member

Really nice videos, who was riding that Echo team btw?

9. manimal

manimal New Member

the second video seemed to just play the same bits repeatedly, either that or I zoned out and got Des Je Vu from it..

1st vid was awesome though.. thanks for makin it..

10. Lagerhead

Lagerhead New Member

Ummm, everybody?

At least it seemed that way, out of the 5 sport mod riders I think 3 of them were on Echo's

Can you be more specific?

11. AndyT

AndyT New Member

holy moly

does that camp specialize in making people ride shady and uncontrolled?

also what's happened to ryder :hsugh:

12. Justin.L

Justin.L Guest

Pretty hurting ridin.

13. trialsbug

trialsbug New Member

Lagerhead rides Sport, so most of the footage was of Sport riders. Even though the sections were filled with some slippery roots and rocks, most of the shady and uncontrolled riding was due to the fact that we are Sport riders. When we shake the shadiness and show a little more control we will move up to Expert.

What do you mean by "what's happened to ryder "? Do you mean why is there not footage of him or are you asking why he did not place first? Lagerhead rode two bikes, so he probably did not get a chance to film Ryder if that is what you were asking. If you are wondering why he did not place first it was probably due to a combination of mechanical problems and much more humidity then he is used to.

14. AndyT

AndyT New Member

I was asking that, because of the last 2-3 vids I've seen of him (mount snow and this) he looks horrible- he is right in the beginning in this video...he needs to get back on a regular mod bike.

I know most of the riders in the vid, I know the diff between sport and expert- I was not commenting entirely on the sport guys unfortunately :hsugh:

15. RomanC

RomanC Well-Known Member

Yeah I just plain out sucked the whole day.