tank mod

Discussion in 'Observed Trials Discussion' started by donnay, Feb 20, 2004.

1. donnay

donnay Guest

what make is the tank mod

2. afrobot

afrobot Aluminum is for recycling

not sure what to make of the querry? It is a TANK.Yet it is a bike,not the best but it is better than riding DH.

3. Gardenfan

Gardenfan Guest

Tank is the make. the model is well mod.

4. oicdn

oicdn Guest

Tank = Broken parts all over the place.

Alot of people have broken them in like 3 days, some broke freewheels in thier first day.....man, quality control issues, or just crap, LOL. Prolly the latter of the two, LOL.

I would avoid it, people complain about broken forks, frames, freewheels, cranks, pedals, hubs....damn...that's like all the important parts. And all these people were just learning, not even going big....

5. RobbieP

RobbieP OTN FOR A THOUSAND MORE YEARS I SAY

you could get the piece of shit tank for $200, or invest in my echo es4r frame for $175 and build it up with some nice parts and actually have yourself a trials bike that will last.

6. redworm

redworm ninja pants!

I rode a tank mod today that has had everything but he frame replaced on it, it is really short and heavy as a tank plus it has a big ol seat on it :greddy:

7. Fast Fashion

Fast Fashion Youth in Asia?

8. Pancho

Pancho New Member

SELL OUT. you loved that thing, admit it! you're going to buy one, aren't you?

9. redworm

redworm ninja pants!

maybe i will POncho, and then ill school you on it, then we'll see who the sell out is :slap: :barf:

10. Pancho

Pancho New Member

Fine, do the demo tomorrow on the tank, and we'll see whats up then, eh?

11. hophopsnap

hophopsnap Well-Known Member

12. donnay

donnay Guest

what is tanks website

13. DrTrial

DrTrial Guest

What happens exactly?

All bikes are broken in all cases is a generalisation.

It would be mor worth to know details like how wight was the rider, what has he done exact and which part was broken.

Possibly the bike is usefull for childs < 11 to start with trial.

The brisa responsibles must have any idear about this product. I gues they must give some waranty, or not?

14. chronic

chronic Dungeonmaster's Guide

All I have heard about tanks is they fall apart. I've never read anything good about them...I guess they suck? :rolleyes:

15. Blackstick

Blackstick Well-Known Member

16. Ebon Dragon

Ebon Dragon New Member

Heh would hate to see a <11 year old snap the bars or whatever... you know how whiney they are

17. Jos

Jos I'd hit it!

In all cases, it was a guy named 'Bob' who works as a truck driver, that broke the frame.

18. DrTrial

DrTrial Guest

I don't like to see an < 11 years old kid get hurt. I'm care for 30 of them in a german trial club. I would not give them a real battle proved bike.

But in our german news group in cases like this, the people posts pictures from the broken parts. Wether if it is a frame, a chain or anything else.

I read the thread pointed by rush. I agree with the opinion from the first entry. But there is not only one real case in the whole thread. Allways I heard from anybody.

This frame is from brisa. And brisa is not a unknown incompetent manufacturer or dealer in this field like univega and others. Thats why I'm wonder and why Im asking.

Making big noice and yell around is not so helpfull as beeing accurate.

19. mikemad23

mikemad23 Guest

hey i was 11 when i got my tank, i think. in any case dont be me stuff brakes, i actually still have it after putting lots of money into it. ill get rid of it when my monty comes. wich hopefully will be today. but its lousy it breaks i bought it for 140 new, its not worth it.