Taking rear mod wheel off...

Discussion in 'Observed Trials Discussion' started by RyanMcVicker, Jun 3, 2004.

1. RyanMcVicker

RyanMcVicker Well-Known Member

Is there a way to take my rear wheel off without taking the chain apart? I don't really want to mess with the chain tensioners either. I guess i could take my right crank off?? Any other ways?

The reason I don't want to take my chain apart is because when I put it back together, there are a couple links that don't move smoothly...

Any help would be appreciated

2. redworm

redworm ninja pants!

Whya are you taking your chain apart in the first place?

3. B1105

B1105 New Member

You shouldnt have to take your chain apart, your wheel should be tensioned in the dropouts back a bit, so when you loosen the axel bolts, the chain becomes loose on its own and then you can just slide the wheel up a bit, unhook the chain, and take the wheel off.

4. Andreas

Andreas All About Trials

yea, loosen the wheel, move the wheel forward in the drop outs, then just take your finger and slide off the chain. do the reverse for putting it back on.

5. RyanMcVicker

How do I slide my wheel forward a little when I have chain tensioners?

6. B1105

B1105 New Member

Well, you take the tensioners off, then slide the wheel forward.

7. RyanMcVicker

But like i said, i dont want to have to re-adjust the chain tensioners when i put the wheel back on, because i heard adjusting tensioners is a big pain.

Thanks for the help though,

8. Andreas

Andreas All About Trials

no it's not. just get some threshold tensioners. i have them for my x lite and they rock. just little allen bolts that you tighten to the appropriate tension. EASY

9. B1105

B1105 New Member

Are you riding the XTP mod now? ( from your signature)

10. Andreas

Andreas All About Trials

you asked me this yesterday in a different thread. No, i am not. i hopefully will be getting one once it comes out though, that way i can be an O-mega poser