Sweet New Riding Spot (Evergreen)

Discussion in 'Mountain States' started by Patrick, Mar 22, 2004.

1. Patrick

Patrick New Member

I went out to a place called Three Sisters/Alderfer this weekend for a cross-country ride. It's a trail located just outside of Evergreen (25 minutes west of Denver). This place is PERFECT for trials.. It's unbelievable.. thousands of boulders scattered all over the woods.. Some are huge others are tiny.. there is riding for all levels and an infinite amount of lines.

Kevin, have you seen this place? I might try and head out there after work on Wednesday or Thursday and take some pics. Elan, this place should be pretty close for you.

2. WhiteRavenKS

WhiteRavenKS Well-Known Member

indeed- that place is really nice for xc riding. i had thought about the rocks up there for a trials comp. i dont know what kind of land the stuff is on though. is the rock stuff on open space or private? depending on what kind of land it's on would determine if we can use it for comps or if it's just a group ride spot.

3. Patrick

Patrick New Member

Good question. I'm pretty sure it's open space since I saw a couple of park rangers out there trying to give me a ticket for riding with my dog. It would probably just be good for group rides..

4. Elan

Elan steve french

my school is like 5 miles from it..sweet

5. Morryjg

Morryjg Guest

It's Jeffco open space. It's also a really popular spot for hiking/biking/bouldering/etc. So, I imagine just like any other form of biking, just as long as you don't piss off anyone you should be good.

6. Elan

Elan steve french

if anybody ever wants to meet like at 4:00 on a weekday, gimem a day's notice, andi will be dere... sweet

7. ascentrek

ascentrek Original power yuppie

There are two parking lots. The first has boulder potential, the second (on up the road, behind a barn) has another area that has a large outcropping with boulders all around.

The far North east side (a trail will take you there) has a large area where dirt and rocks meet... Perhaps another great area.

The only guff you may get is the fact that Jefferson County Open Space may not know what a trials bicycle is... and therefore tell you that you should be on the trail... Fuckin tricky.

8. AndyT

AndyT New Member

rocks + trees

I will have sex with it, bring me to it....sundaY?

9. Patrick

Patrick New Member

you'll like it.. I can show you where it is. Anyone else?

10. WhiteRavenKS

im in for sunday. saturday i will be in nathrop filming 4x madness and riding on piles of stupid trash.

11. Elan

Elan steve french

i live a few miles away, i am there. see you doodes there too

12. el feo

el feo Guest

ill be there if i can get a chain

13. ty

ty Guest

what time you guys gonna be there?

14. AndyT

AndyT New Member

can someone drive me from denver to there, i can drive downt to denver but i really dont want to drive more than that

15. Patrick

Patrick New Member

It's only 25 minutes out of town, but yeah I can take you if you need.

Let's do 12 or 1?

16. WhiteRavenKS

1 on sunday? is this the story? hopefully i will be there. dont know how much riding i will do but the lens will see some action... cotrials 12 before i leave? holy crap. colorado is rad.

17. Elan

Elan steve french

cool, i have a make-shit wheel. i am down for the ride...sweet.

18. ty

ty Guest

im gonna go watch my friend race some supermoto, so i wont be there, cant wait to see the vid :drool:

19. Elan

Elan steve french

kevin, yo ushould come up to georgetown and check out soem natty for a comp...

20. WhiteRavenKS

perhaps i will have to venture up to take a gander after the ride... perhaps indeed...