Sweaty Hands

Discussion in 'Observed Trials Discussion' started by Stock, Jul 9, 2004.

1. Stock

Stock Tumescent.

Hey, now that it's summer my hands start to sweat after about half an hour of riding, making me slip right off the grips. Will getting new grips solve the problem or do I need to use gloves too? I don't want to spend the $ on gloves if they won't help.

2. Little Android Man

Little Android Man Free Cup!

get some glubs but if its too warm for them, i just put some sand in my hand and them smear it around and i stick to the grips real well.

3. Stock

Stock Tumescent.

Yeah I tried that, but it only worked for about 5 minutes :/

4. Little Android Man

Little Android Man Free Cup!

put sand all over your grips too. like road sand kind of stuff. oooorrrrr....gloves? i dont think there are many other options

5. Andreas

Andreas All About Trials

I just like to use gloves :dunno:
    Mechanix gloves are sick, get the original glove

6. KeepRollin

KeepRollin New Member

I always wear gloves! I've slipped off once when I had gloves on. Though it was on a small drop and I think I was just getting tired/lazy loose grip. Other than that I've never had a problem. If you don't use gloves when you are riding, I suggest you do. I've been known to get nasty blisters on my hands WITH gloves. I wouldn't want to know what would happen without.

Maybe I have girly hands ;)

7. Slingshot

Slingshot Guest

bring two pair of gloves and swap em all the time, letting the other dry abit up .

8. felix

felix New Member

Wear gloves! This is the only way to avoid slipping of the bar. You can ride without gloves as well, but after some minutes of riding your hands will start to slip off the grip.

9. Elan

Elan steve french

i wear a special pair of gloves that are mesh on the back. one layer thin all over. look for them. they exist.

10. atypical

atypical Guest

I third the notion to wear gloves, I lost mine in my garage for a week and riding sucked without them. The rubber grips get way too slippery, if you still have probs with gloves and slipping you can be a pimp and wear the wristbands on your forearm, just get a matching headband and some bling.

11. Elan

Elan steve french

wrist bands..you have no idea what yo uare talking about. denver nuggets wrist bands are the best ones.

12. AndyT

AndyT New Member

Did you seriously just ask this? Why do you think people wear gloves?

13. Bloodhound

Bloodhound Steffen L.T.

hmmm... I dont ride with gloves cuz they are hot, cost money, one more thing to remember, give me mad blisters (never actually found some that dont). I dont need them once I got ODI lock-ons, so comfy. Sweat has bever been a big problem, just take 30sec to stop ridding and wipe your hands off. Then your good for another while. The gloves Elan mentioned sound good.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2004
  14. bwagner

bwagner New Member

I hate gloves also, but sweat like a pig. The problem I have is that the sweat from my forearms rolls down into the palms of my hands causing the grips to get all sweaty. My solution has already been mentioned, but I'd like to add to it. The wristband topic is for real. I picked up a few pair of Fox moto X wristbands, and they rule. I'm sure the cheap ones from a sporting goods store work also, but these are the ones I use. also, my fingers are pretty thick, so I prefer thin grips, the Monty, or Try-all foamies are the best ever. they dry VERY quickly, never seem to be sweaty, and are a good durometer to help deter blisters or callouses. Just my opinion, but for a couple bucks, I'd try the wristband option if you prefer the feel of no gloves.

15. Stock

Stock Tumescent.

I always thought other people wore gloves because they wanted to keep blisters from forming.

I chose not to wear gloves and I found that the blister problem subsided almost immediately, but I sweat, so I asked. Everyone except you helped me out. If you don't have anything helpful to say, fine, don't post.

16. AndyT

AndyT New Member

I seriously hope no one uses gloves for blister problems, you get them no matter what. Lets see- your hands are sweaty...what to do......your options are- change your skin, change your grips, or put something between the two. You tried dirt/sand, and it doesn't work for very long. What else could you possibly use that would maybe act as an absorbent between the two...I know I am at a loss ???

ps- your hands still sweat with wrist bands.

17. bwagner

bwagner New Member

Andrew,
    I wish I could have met you while you were in town here, so it would be easier to form an opinion about your comments, because to me they just seem to be rude and not very helpful. I'm not trying to start anything, but did you ever think that just maybe someone elses opinion might be valid also? Why do you always try to come up with a smartass answer?
    ~Bruce Wagner

18. Blackstick

Blackstick Well-Known Member

Man, Von Dutch wrist bands are sooo cool, and the truckers caps, they make me hot when I see them on men.

:wavey

19. mikeschiavone

mikeschiavone Active Member

thorshammer,

whats up man? how have you been since mt snow? riding well? if you have any questions, feel free to pm me.

i think elan speeks of the six-six-one raji gloves. they the best gloves if you want something very MINIMAL on your hands. they're extremely comfortable gloves, but, if you find yourself falling on your hands alot, they will probably not last you very long. either way, i suggest you try them out.

bwagner is so damn hot that he makes himself sweat all the time. yet, he wears no gloves at all. and i dont think ive ever seen him slip off his grips. so, trust his advice.

hope that helps bryan.

20. AndyT

AndyT New Member

bwagner, I can't stand stupid people- that is all.