Observed Trials banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Steffen L.T.
743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking for a good cheep hub to attach a FW to, and found this one that looks good:
"Finally, a fixed/free flip flop hub for your mountain bike at a reasonable price. Throw a thread-on freewheel on one side for everyday riding and a track cog on the other side for when you’re feeling really frisky"

I get the "flip flop" part, and I THINK the "fixed/freewheel" means you can mount a FW on one side OR use a regular cog on the other side with a FFW system. Can anyone confirm this? If so, that would allow for good future options, no comps though.

Anyway, has anyone tried one and/or know if they are any good?

Here is a link http://www.webcyclery.com/.docs/product_id/1711/pg/product_details.html

Thanks
Steffen'

·
Premium Member
6,516 Posts
the bearings in the hub are junk. the flip flop part just means both sides of the hubshell are threaded. theo went through a few of these this last summer on his azonic. i dont know how the bearings would hold up for trials but i guess it's worth a shot.

·
Premium Member
1,845 Posts
well, toosicks (a 250lbs gorilla who destroys parts) rides a surly hub in the back, and nothings ever broken on it

1 - 3 of 3 Posts