Subscribe to observedtrials.net for extra benefits!

Discussion in 'Observed Trials Discussion' started by OTAdmin, Sep 17, 2004.

1. OTAdmin

OTAdmin Administrator Staff Member

September 18, 2004 marks the one year anniversary of the opening of ObservedTrials.net. I am amazed at the community we all have been able to create in such a short period of time and I'm looking forward to our second year together. I've been preparing for this for the past 6 weeks and I am extremely proud to be able to offer more features.

We are and always will be a free site, but in a neverending attempt to bring you the features you want while at the same time trying to cover server and software costs, I have implemented a new subscription system.

Current users benefits won't change, but subscribers will receive the following additional benefits:

1.) A customized [email protected] e-mail address. This e-mail box is protected against spam and virii and you receive 30mb of storage space for e-mails. Log in and view the demo: https://www.observedtrials.net/usermail

username: test
    password: test

Try right clicking on the folders on the left, be sure to check out the calendar, and look at all of the options in the preferences (though not all are available in the demo). Compose a new message, test the what you see is what you get interface and try the spell checker. Try toggling the folder tab (bottom left).

When you have new mail, you will know about it on every page of the forums and homepage:
    [​IMG]

2.) Larger avatars. When subscribed you can have avatars up to 150 x 250 pixels or roughly the same size as mine.

3.) Your name appears in red. On every post you make, your name will appear in red - let everyone know you support the site!

4.) A "supporter" image - [​IMG] - appears below your name on all of your posts - let everyone know you support the site!

5.) An increased private message box. Current users are allowed to store 300 messages. This may seem like a lot, but when you count incoming and outgoing messages you can run through this space quickly. Subscribed users will receive storage space for 5000 privates messages!

6.) More image attachments in threads. Current users can have up to 3mb of attachments spread out through all of their posts on the board. Subscribed users receive 10x that amount, 30mb of attachment space.

7.) Increased gallery space. Current users are allowed to upload 10mb of pictures in their photo albums. Subscribed users receive 50mb of storage space in the galleries.

8.) Large profile pictures. You can upload an up to 800x800 pixel wide picture to be seen in your profile.

9.) Access to a subscribers only forum. This will give you access to chat only with other subscribers and Administrators/moderators. In special cases where I feel uncomfortable posting a video link for the rest of the forum I may re-host videos for these guys only as they will be considered a trusted group. These links won't be available outside of the trusted group.

***PLEASE NOTE THAT CURRENTLY THE E-MAIL INTEGRATION WITH THE FORUM SOFTWARE IS A BIT FLUNKY DUE TO THE UPGRADE OF VBULLETIN (our forum software) ON 10/8/05. I AM WORKING ON FIXING THIS, BUT NO GUARANTEES :hs: ***

6 months = $20
    12 months = $35

To insure your upgrade takes effect instantly, make sure the e-mail address you use on otn and paypal are the same.

Alternatively, if you would like to pay by check or money order, you can send payment to

Bill Johnson
    21060 Holden Dr
    Davenport, IA 52804

Please include your username on the forums in the envelope.

Thanks for supporting observedtrials.net!

Bill

2. Elan

Elan steve french

supporting is "teh new hotness". seriously though, support this site. its a good plan for you and america.

3. [BMF] Chris

[BMF] Chris GTA MUTHER FUCKER!

yea, the new features kick ass, you know you want to, matts such a nice guy :D

4. Blackstick

Blackstick Well-Known Member

New features is good times.

Support it people!

5. OTAdmin

Thanks, Rush. So how do you guys like the e-mail system? I have to say, its the main reason I have to charge. Otherwise we would just be open to spammers, I'd be out a few hundred dollars in penalties for spamming, and the site would be shutdown with the quickness.

6. trials-online

trials-online still here

how do i set my avatar??

7. OTAdmin

8. trials-online

trials-online still here

yea thanks i figured it out

9. uownme

uownme get high and eat her

Yea, Im dumb.

10. OTAdmin

what?

11. uownme

uownme get high and eat her

I asked if I was too stupid to see the price, I found it after I clicked the link so I just edited my post.

12. OTAdmin

Ahh, yes I suppose I should include that information in the post :rofl:

13. OTAdmin

Subscriptions will soon be going back down to 6 and 12 months instead of 9 and 18. If you want to get in on the extended time period for the same price you have until tomorrow evening. Anything postmarked by that date (if you're subscribing by mail) will also receive the discounted price.

Bill

14. echoteam13

echoteam13 Guest

too bad i'm buying a pure fork this week. i'll have to wait another 2 weeks to "buy" all those snazzy features... not to mention support my favorite site.

15. redworm

redworm ninja pants!

Do you except cash in person? I'll probably be in boulder soon enough.

16. OTAdmin

Sure I accept cash in person Mike :)

17. OTAdmin

:coold:

18. hophopsnap

hophopsnap Well-Known Member

are payments availible? even though I'd probably just pay all at once..Ill subscribe when I get into expert class..hope the site is still up by then!

19. AndyT

AndyT New Member

I'm pretty sure matt either is dead or broke his computer