Stripped TPA

Discussion in 'Observed Trials Discussion' started by BiKe4EvEr, Mar 2, 2004.

1. BiKe4EvEr

BiKe4EvEr Guest

Hey, i have a stripped TPA, it makes clicking noises when turned. After talking to my friend, i know that there is a way to fix this, with just a simple part. hwoever, he doesn't have any parts and so im wondering what this is called and if anybody knows where i can get one, thanks.

2. RomanR

RomanR DualDisc 26"

3. BiKe4EvEr

BiKe4EvEr Guest

the second link is for an xtr lever, the first one i can't quite figure out. i get the lever blade off, and the tpa off, but then all i see is a bolt that can turn. what do i do wit h that?

4. RomanR

RomanR DualDisc 26"

push the bolt out, and then replace it like the links say. get a bolt with threads that will fit the tpa knob, and hacksaw a slot on the head, wide enough to fit the rest of the tpa stuff. you'll see what to do once you take all the pieces off the lever blade. remeber to make the slot with a rounded shape, not just flat parallel to the top.

looks like its time for another microsoft paint masterpiece..

5. BiKe4EvEr

BiKe4EvEr Guest

ahhhhhhhhhh, i see
    yea i called up a friend who had similair probems. i got out all the pieces of the lever so they were individually laid out, and decided that the little fork like looking bolt was the one that was a problem. mine is flat on two sides (so on two sides it's threaded like normal, then on the right and left side it is flat) and im not sure if it should be like that. if it should be, then maybe my bolt is just cross threaded. what size bolt exactly do i need? m5? or is it the bottle cage bolt?
    thanks for all of the help, once i get the bolt i'll try and saw it out similairly to the one i currently have.